Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    sorry guys, i don't have a centro anymore. the screen broke and i can't afford a new one - i'm stuck with some crappy $50 thing for now. if anyone has a spare lcd let me know... it's probably just a matter of using the updated prcs in re-creating the skins
    You didn't have insurance on your Centro?
    Could we send you the files to look over and you could update them for oh.........say a $5-$10 donation from everyone? or do you have to have a working Centro to create the new skins? ...that might get you a new Centro I'd paypal you right now!
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    You didn't have insurance on your Centro?
    Could we send you the files to look over and you could update them for oh.........say a $5-$10 donation from everyone? or do you have to have a working Centro to create the new skins? ...that might get you a new Centro I'd paypal you right now!
    I'm in on this! I'll paypal money and try to get the files for you if you tell me which ones you need. Phwelo are you listening?

Elfyn
    Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I accidentally shut my phone in my car door a few months back. Totally detroyed my screen, and almost gave myself a heart attack. It took the Sprint techs maybe 30 minutes to replace it, for free. Even without insurance I think it's only $50. I would be miserable if I had to go without my touch screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    sorry guys, i don't have a centro anymore. the screen broke and i can't afford a new one - i'm stuck with some crappy $50 thing for now. if anyone has a spare lcd let me know... it's probably just a matter of using the updated prcs in re-creating the skins
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    The hello Kitty and the pink battery and BT icons should work for everyone. It does for me. Like was said the only things that I can't get to work are the pink phone app and the pink smilies.
    I have the pink battery icon. I want my pink phone interface back
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    The hello Kitty and the pink battery and BT icons should work for everyone. It does for me. Like was said the only things that I can't get to work are the pink phone app and the pink smilies.
    I have the pink smilies working as well as the pink icons and Hello Kitty alert icon. The only thing that doesn't work is the pink dialpad. I neeeeeeed my pink dialpad back.

Elfyn
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    I'm with BekKtek I'm willing to chip in $10 so that phwelo can get his screen. I think that's a very kind gesture considering what he has done us!!
    Heck, I'll throw in an extra $5 if I can get these buttons.

http://mytreo.net/downloads/red-skin...o-650,537.html
    I'll help out even though I just got here! I was wondering if anyone knows how to return the buttons and stuff to normal without a hard reset or is that the only way?

Thanks
    IN my expereience even doing the hard reset after the upgrade did NOT help! I lost all my cool Red colored buttons as well as Phwelo's cute red smilies and alert indicators. Apparently the alteratins are tied to the original version of the Centro and the upgraded version is now essentially a different phone!

Its a bummer, for sure!
    Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Ok, just in the last few posts, someone can make about $50 bucks just by updating the pink phone interface. Are we to assume that no one else on this entire board can do this?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Sounds like for the same $50 you all could get Phwelo a new screen for his Centro and he could continue his development.
    Couldn't y'all use Skinner and make your own? That would play nice with the update, wouldn't it? And you could change your dial pad whenever you wanted. I love purple so I created a dial pad in that color using the bitmap templates and a graphics editing program.

Boy, am I glad I didn't download that update!

Speaking of, is there a way to roll back to the previous settings or are you stuck with it?
    I'm checking you Jabronis into the SmackDown hotel.
    I myself use:

skinner
    skinui
    Treolauncher
    Takephone

To change the whole ui. I make matching skin/icon sets for all apps myself, BUT "free" is always nice!
    phwelo did it! Go to this thread to get the updated pink dialpad.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1476440

Elfyn
    Can anyone help me? I Just updated my phone to 1.7 and i'm trying to install phone.prc (the black one) using rescoe explorer but everytime I move it to ram and soft reset it goves my this stupid launch error "the application cannot be launched because it is missing localization information".

I've done this 100 times before and never had this problem.
    Fatjosh,

The updated Centro will not accept the changes done by Phwelo in this thread. You are better off to look into SkinUI, Button Manager, Butterfly and other personalizing programs to get the colors you want on your centro.

Cheers,
    Kim
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgewizard View Post
    Fatjosh,

The updated Centro will not accept the changes done by Phwelo in this thread. You are better off to look into SkinUI, Button Manager, Butterfly and other personalizing programs to get the colors you want on your centro.

Cheers,
    Kim
    Actually all the changes here will work (with Sprint Centros) with the exception of the dialpad changes (phone.prc). Phwelo has updated this in another thread here. Note the updated file works perfectly for me on my Sprint Centro, but others are having some problems with it. I'm sure Phwelo will get it fixed soon so keep your eye on that thread. I like Phwelo's fixes since I don't have to use a whole other program just to change the colors of the buttons on my dialpad.

Elfyn
    i need help setting up my pink theme .... i dont know how to move the file to SD RAM???? can someone esplain to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by xalosgrl View Post
    i need help setting up my pink theme .... i dont know how to move the file to SD RAM???? can someone esplain to me?
    See the phwelo's post below.
    Last edited by johncc; 08/05/2008 at 06:56 AM. Reason: un-necessarily complicated.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xalosgrl View Post
    just hotsynch it from the next post