Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 494
  1. #341  
    I've had test7 installed since my 700p & I loves it.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  2. #342  
    Ok, so how about a nice neat post about how, exactly, to get your unit back to "factory" settings in the phone. I'm doing all this changing and moving of files and I'm a little afraid of getting errors or resets, so I want to know how to completely restore back to it's original state in that event. :-) Thank you so very muchly!

    (the reason I ask is because I opened up the hsys...blahblahblah file and I wasn't able to delete it, nor rename then delete)

    Bek
    EDIT: ps! Did we ever get the pink battery meter to have the lightning bolt? I like that little bolt because I have a loose connection on my charger so I'm never really sure it's plugged in properly. Even though there's a red light, I still like the security of the bolt, you know?
    Last edited by Bekktek; 03/14/2008 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added PS
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  3. fatal99's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    #343  
    I know with the black one, the battery gets outlined in green when plugged in. Bekktek, you might check that.
    Life is a garden, dig it. -Joe Dirt
  4. #344  
    I noticed there is a slight red outline on the battery meter when charging. You have to look verrryyyy close, but it's there.
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  5. #345  
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/phwelo/iphon.jpg

    I was almost finished with this one, just had a couple things to touch up. I changed the prc's that i'm posting. There's no more need to use resco and copy them over. There's now an installer that copies the file to ram for you and then resets your phone. best of all, you can hotsync it right onto the phone
    It's really difficult to read any of the non-highlighted favorites buttons (black font on dark gray background), which is a problem when you use a lot of them. =T.
  6. #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Ok, so how about a nice neat post about how, exactly, to get your unit back to "factory" settings in the phone. I'm doing all this changing and moving of files and I'm a little afraid of getting errors or resets, so I want to know how to completely restore back to it's original state in that event. :-) Thank you so very muchly!

    (the reason I ask is because I opened up the hsys...blahblahblah file and I wasn't able to delete it, nor rename then delete)

    Bek
    EDIT: ps! Did we ever get the pink battery meter to have the lightning bolt? I like that little bolt because I have a loose connection on my charger so I'm never really sure it's plugged in properly. Even though there's a red light, I still like the security of the bolt, you know?

    its called a 'hard reset'.
    to restore your apps you do a 'HOTSYNC'

    and buy a new charger-
    Last edited by Carbone; 03/16/2008 at 09:23 PM.
  7. #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbone View Post
    its called a 'hard reset'.
    to restore your apps you do a 'HOTSYNC'

    and buy a new charger-


    Nice to see my opinion of Long Islander's being validated...not only are you completely unhelpful and rude but you're also wrong...like most people on this god-forsaken island

    Bekktek: Got your PM and the solution for some of the items, like the BT icon, battery and emoticons is this:
    • Find, if possible, an unaffected Centro
    • Copy these files to your card: smarttextengine & PmSysGadgetLib-PmSg
    • Using Resco Explorer, "install to ROM" those two files

    That should "fix" those items--at least it worked for me a few weeks ago.

    Re: the phone, some of pwhelo's phone skins actually have an uninstaller listed under your system launcher, "Menu" --> "App" --> "Delete". I believe it's just called "Phone" and removing that, along with a soft-reset, should restore it back to normal.

    If you cannot find an unaffected Centro, I think I have at least "smarttextengine" (emoticons) laying around and could post it up. Likewise, maybe someone else can post the rest of the default files. Otherwise, you can do a backup, then do a hardreset and copy those files yourself back over the card. Restore your backup and then copy them back over to ROM.

    Hope that helps!

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  8. #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post


    Nice to see my opinion of Long Islander's being validated...not only are you completely unhelpful and rude but you're also wrong...like most people on this god-forsaken island

    Bekktek: Got your PM and the solution for some of the items, like the BT icon, battery and emoticons is this:
    • Find, if possible, an unaffected Centro
    • Copy these files to your card: smarttextengine & PmSysGadgetLib-PmSg
    • Using Resco Explorer, "install to ROM" those two files

    That should "fix" those items--at least it worked for me a few weeks ago.

    Re: the phone, some of pwhelo's phone skins actually have an uninstaller listed under your system launcher, "Menu" --> "App" --> "Delete". I believe it's just called "Phone" and removing that, along with a soft-reset, should restore it back to normal.

    If you cannot find an unaffected Centro, I think I have at least "smarttextengine" (emoticons) laying around and could post it up. Likewise, maybe someone else can post the rest of the default files. Otherwise, you can do a backup, then do a hardreset and copy those files yourself back over the card. Restore your backup and then copy them back over to ROM.

    Hope that helps!
    Thanks Mal - I have a backup that I keep on my Centro from before I changed these, that probably has the files I need, yeah? So if I restore those files you listed above, they will overwrite the changed ones and take me back to original? Also, I wonder if the uninstaller he has posted with the OSX smilies will just change EVERYTHING back to the way it was (no matter which set of colors/smilies you've changed) and I could just run that instead?
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
  9. #349  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek View Post
    Thanks Mal - I have a backup that I keep on my Centro from before I changed these, that probably has the files I need, yeah? So if I restore those files you listed above, they will overwrite the changed ones and take me back to original? Also, I wonder if the uninstaller he has posted with the OSX smilies will just change EVERYTHING back to the way it was (no matter which set of colors/smilies you've changed) and I could just run that instead?
    You could try doing the uninstaller...that might fix the phone dialer.

    The backup/restore option though might not help, here's why: they don't actually copy the system files, just your personal files.

    I suppose you can try a hard reset then restore, see if that works. Give it shot..

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  10. #350  
    well i dont state opinions only fact...

    the smarttextengine file is a RAM file...
    so IN FACT, if you delete the file and do a soft reset the file will re-appear in the Original state that it was before.
  11. #351  
    Phwelo, great work here, mate. I don't have Resco and don't really want to install the trial but the screen shots you have up look amazing. What are the chances you'd be able to crack the access to the Centro's LED colors - lol?

    BTW - there's another smiley no one mentioned in this thread - the yin yang is :% .

    That, along with the cigar, the flat mouthed smiley, and the big tongue are the only other ones I know of that aren't in the pop up display of the Treo/Centros.
  12. #352  
    Did I miss anyone asking for a daisy as the alert? I do have a clip art one I like...maybe what I really should be asking is if I missed the instructions on how to create our own alert icons that can be uploaded to the phone?

    I actually haven't downloaded any of the pink phone skins b/c the pink I think looks best with the phone is the more pale color...if you can recolor the bars with that pink (it's R: FF, G: CC, B: CC...the 8th color over on the top row of the palatte), I'd be SOOOOO in-debted to you forever!! I'm amazed with what you guys can do!! Thanks for making our phones look soooo cool
  13. #353  
    Soooo...I saw where you use PFCD to edit the skins...I am really new to this, but do software development so you'd think I should be able to figure it out . I "extracted" using your hsys-pack2.zip hsys-hello_kitty.prc file, modified the two .bmp files that where the kitties to what I wanted, and then 'Compiled' to get an updated hsys-daisy.prc file. Should I be able to put that on my phone using Resco to make my alert icon different? What confuses me the most are all the other .bmp files that came down when I did the extract...there where some lock images and phone images that I didn't change but don't know what they are for. I'm almost ready to try it, but I wanted to find out if I was way off base before I go break things
  14. #354  
    Thanks SO much Phwelo. I installed red smilies, pink star alert icon and the red phone app. I love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #355  
    Quote Originally Posted by lightminute View Post

    BTW - there's another smiley no one mentioned in this thread - the yin yang is :% .
    i knew there was one i totally forgot!
    Thanks bro!!
  16. #356  
    can someone help me to get that hello kitty theme that was shown a couple threads ago...

    sorry, i am new and desperate for something cute on my pink centro
  17. #357  
    any luck on the gsm phone app? i'm not trying to pressure ya, just curious
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
  18. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
       #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol View Post
    any luck on the gsm phone app? i'm not trying to pressure ya, just curious
    nah i didn't really go anywhere with that since i couldn't get the rom files i needed
  19. #359  
    Phwelo? Anyone? Thats A No On The Hello Kitty?
  20. phwelo's Avatar
    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
       #360  
    Quote Originally Posted by JAHLICIA View Post
    Phwelo? Anyone? Thats A No On The Hello Kitty?
    if you're referring to the screenshot that was posted, the user compiled a bunch of stuff from all over the place, made hello kitty icons, changed colors to pink, etc. the launcher is treolauncher, you might want to start there. then it's got the hello kitty alert that's posted in this thread somewhere, then use colorize or some such program to set colors on palm

Posting Permissions