1.    #1  
    I'm so frustrated...I can't figure out how to set up a playlist in Windows Media Player and transfer the darn thing to pTunes. Is the only way to build a playlist to do it IN pTunes on the Treo?

I would think I could build them in Windows Media Player and then copy them over...but I simply can not figure out how to do it.
    I'm with you...wish there was some way to create a playlist in POS without Ptunes...

Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    I can't believe no one has come along to tell me what is completely obvious that I have overlooked. Somewhere I saw a post from someone about how syncing with Ptunes using Windows Media is now almost as easy as iTunes syncing with an iPod.

Huh? Maybe getting the music over...but what about playlists...help!
    I'd love to help but I don't use playlists. I usually just start a playlist by genre or artist and hit play.
    What version of Windows Media Player do you have? Mine is version 11. When you open WMP, under "Library", on the left side column, there is "Playlists" and the first option is "Create Playlist". Just click on it and name it. Afterwards, just drag whatever songs you want to that playlist. Did I misunderstood your question? If you don't have version 11, you can download it from Windows website.
    That's how you sync a playlist over, but the playlist doesn't remain as the named playlist in pTunes. I've been trying to figure it out for months and can't find anything on the pTunes website other than how to re-set them up in pTunes...which takes forever!
  7.    #7  
    Addicted: I'm using WMP 11 and I have figured out how to create them in WMP. The problem is they don't seem to sync to Ptunes.

Christina: I don't think I'm seeing playlists at all...what seems to be happening for me is that the music syncs over, but no playlist. So if I create a playlist that has 10 songs in it, those songs will sync but not the actual playlist. Is that what you are experiencing as well?

If there were some easy way to sync playlists I would have no use for another MP3 player again. Ever.
    Well, now I see what you mean. When you open the WMP, on the right there is a column with a MP3 player icon, underneath that it says "Sync List", you just highlight your playlist and drag it over, you will then see your created playlist on the sync list. When you connect your Treo, PT should automatically sync that list. I am no expert but I hope that helps.
    By the way, French, did you turn on the communication setting in Ptunes? If not, you can goto the menu in your Ptunes, under "Prefs", there is "Copy from PC Prefs", click there and turn on communication with PC. If you don't turn that on, you won't be able to sync with your WMP. Once you turn that on, everytime you connect your Treo to your PC via sync cable, it will automatically connect to WMP and sync. On the other hand, if you already know how to sync with WMP, I don't think there is a way to have the playlist titles sync over as well, just the songs in your playlist. I haven't tried but try creating two playlists in WMP and drag them over to the sync list. See if that will creat 2 playlists in your Ptune. Hope this time it really helps. I am no expert but if that doesn't do it, I don't think you can sync "Playlists", just the songs, and you will have to creat the playlist in your Ptune seperately.
    Last edited by addictedtotreo; 01/30/2008 at 10:46 AM.
  10.    #10  
    I'll play with it some more tonight, but I did try the drag and drop of the playlist and it didn't seem to work.

Also, I did attempt the PC communication but WMP says my driver is too old and out of date and that I have to roll back to WMP 10 for communication. So I was syncing via card reader (program on my Treo).
    I drag the playlist icon onto the sych column on the right in WMP, this synchs the songs and the playlist. I have 5 playlists I did this way and I also set my device option to convert all my 256K to a max of 128K for saving space.

I have also copied a playlist to the card and it works. When I go into the menu on Ptunes and select Manage playlists, I can see multiple copies of this lists as I have them in duplicate places on the card.

I did have an issue early on, something about the Ptunes playlist needing to be M3U type lists and I found that on the internet a couple of years back, followed the advice and it worked ever since. Check for Ptunes and M3U and you will probably find the same issues/resolutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    Christina: I don't think I'm seeing playlists at all...what seems to be happening for me is that the music syncs over, but no playlist. So if I create a playlist that has 10 songs in it, those songs will sync but not the actual playlist. Is that what you are experiencing as well?

If there were some easy way to sync playlists I would have no use for another MP3 player again. Ever.
    Yes, that's exactly what happens to me. I take time to make specific playlists in WMP11 and sync...the songs move, but the playlist is lost.

I also took the time to set up playlists in pTunes, but after a week, they disappeared. I have no idea what changed, but the playlists I created in pTunes were lost, too.
  13.    #13  
    O.k., I thought I should follow up since I did finally get playlists to sync.

I had to roll back to WMP 10, which wasn't a hardship...I prefer that I can see my music by title only (along with all the other options).

The trick to getting the playlists to sync is to go into the "automatic" sync mode, and check the playlist(s). When you do that, it does in fact sync the playlist over.

I also had to update the software on the 755P, but that was a free upgrade.