1.    #1  
    Hello group. This site is awesome!

I just purchased my first Treo, a 755p (blue). Is there any way to either hide or restrict access (via password) to my email accounts? I don't want any Tom, **** or Harry who picks up my Treo to be able to read all my email messages.

Thanks for the help!

D
    Don't you have an application named Security that will set a password to turn on your Treo?
  3.    #3  
    Yes I do. But I don't want to have to enter a password every time I want to access my calendar or phone. Only when I want to open email.
    Not the most direct answer, but I think with Zlauncher you can set passwords for individual tabs, so you can put X apps on a passworded tab.
    But you would then have to remove the email app from the hard button too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwsmd View Post
    Yes I do. But I don't want to have to enter a password every time I want to access my calendar or phone. Only when I want to open email.
    It is a pain but I set my "power on" password to something simple like ccc or www. (You do not need to enter it to answer a phone call.) It does give me some peace of mind that if it was ever lost someone would have to work at getting in.

As well, with mSafe I can send a text to my "lost" Treo to wipe it's memory.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    and aren't they all?

why not just set up a bookmark to the site and walk through the username/password process?
    chattermail has password security that when you launch chatter it will ask you for your password evertime you try to access your email app.
    or you can use Applock it will let you lock and password protect individual applications.