1.    #1  
    Is there any program that has the feature that allows you to choose to have a soft reset following a HotSync? I have been searching for an application that does this and have not located it.

I consistently get a soft reset when I go to Blazer following a HotSync. I don't know how to fix the problem. I have my Advanced Preferences set to Clear cache on exit but still have the problem. I figure if I can't get rid of the crashing I might as well go ahead and get my soft reset out of the way after doing my HotSync. After the soft reset is done the problem going to the web goes away (until the next HotSynch).
    Soft Reset Version 1.2

www.ranosoft.net/palm

Look under the Utilities Freeware
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    This program (Soft Reset) lets you make a manual reset and gives you choices of what you want to happen after a soft reset. I'm looking for a program that allows you to choose to have a soft reset as an automatic option following a HotSync. I appreciate the feedback.
    Resco Backup has that option to self reset after a backup.
    Noob here.

I have been using two free apps to do exactly what you are looking for. My old 7135 REQUIRED a soft reset following hotsync or it would crash (I had altered the ROM heavily).

An app called AfterSync v1.3 that comes free with LauncherX allows the user to set ANY app to start following sync. I have set AfterSync to start another freeware app called PaperClip which causes an immediate soft reset.

I then take it one step further and use another freeware app called AutoExec which starts the app of your choice following a soft reset (in my case it launches LauncherX) so that my 755p isn't showing that worthless phone app.

HTH
    Brad
  6.    #6  
    Wow. Thanks for sharing your process.

That's an incredibly elaborate and creative series of steps but it looks like it gets the desired job done eventually. I would think that there would be a basic program somewhere that allowed you to choose as an option to have a reset occur immediately following a HotSync (just like many of the card back up programs feature such as Resco and NV Backup).
  7.    #7  
    Where can you locate version 1.3 of AfterSync? The latest I can locate at mytreo.net is AfterSync v. 1.1.

Also I cannot find the program PaperClip anywhere. Do you have the website where it can be downloaded? I've searched everywhere with no results.

Thanks.
    http://www.softlow.com/palm-os/syste...paperclip.html
    Install "PC" not "ZPC"

AfterSync 1.1 will work (1.0 was unstable). I beta tested it for Bozidar Benc before he died. 1.3 might be available as a free stand alone from GoTreoSoftware.com. I'm not certain. It comes bundled with LauncherX.

The advantage of this method is that both files are very small. They do one thing and do it well. Above all they are stable! Just set it and forget it!!!

Brad
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmTreo650User View Post
    Where can you locate version 1.3 of AfterSync? The latest I can locate at mytreo.net is AfterSync v. 1.1.

Also I cannot find the program PaperClip anywhere. Do you have the website where it can be downloaded? I've searched everywhere with no results.

Thanks.
    MReset will do a reset when launched, It should work for you. Attached
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    AfterSync 1.3 (http://c0mm0n.free.fr/AfterSync.PRC)

I just found this. I don't know if it is really v1.3 or not. Try installing it and then check the version. I hear v1.1 will not save the pref app following the actual sync. I never had that problem.
    MReset says that you have to launch it manually whereas AfterSync is automatic as PalmTreo650User asked.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Use Aftersync to launch mReset which then resets your Treo which would make this automatic which is what PalmTreo650user asked for.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  13.    #13  

I'll impose with another program question that is related to this discussion
    (I did conduct a search and did not find much): Is there a program that allows you to schedule on your Treo an automatic HotSync to your local computer while connected to it (or Bluetooth enabled)? I'm not looking for an Active Sync function. For example, I'd like to be able to schedule an automatic HotSynch to my computer early in the morning every day without having to do it manually. I'm sure there are programs that exist that allow you to automate this function. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts