1.    #1  
    On a few occasions I've used a wired headset with my Centro. After removing the headset from the phone and receiving a call the phone will still be in headset mode although the headset is not connected. Because of this, I can't hear the caller and they cannot hear me. I've found that I can get the phone back into 'normal' non-headset mode by reattaching the headset and then removing it.

I had a 650 before the Centro and remember reading in these forums that the phone was prone to headset jack problems. I'm trying to determine if I may have a bad headset jack or if the phone's software has a glitch that makes it think the headset is still attached.
    Oh dear, don't tell me they still haven't sorted this problem! It's bad enough putting up with a 2.5mm jack, let alone the fact that it's duff!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Yes, it seems to have been a common problem with the 650. I was hoping the Centro would be less prone.

With my phone it was a hardware issue. I used a wired headset a lot (listening to music) and the constant jiggling of the jack made it occasionally lose contact with the rest of the phone. I read that a surefire fix was to open up the phone and re-solder the jacks contacts. I thought about it, but my temporary fix worked until I finally switched to a 700p. The fix was to jam a toothpick up the side of the jack! That seemed to hold it in the right position.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrodus View Post
    On a few occasions I've used a wired headset with my Centro. After removing the headset from the phone and receiving a call the phone will still be in headset mode although the headset is not connected. Because of this, I can't hear the caller and they cannot hear me. I've found that I can get the phone back into 'normal' non-headset mode by reattaching the headset and then removing it.

I had a 650 before the Centro and remember reading in these forums that the phone was prone to headset jack problems. I'm trying to determine if I may have a bad headset jack or if the phone's software has a glitch that makes it think the headset is still attached.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    This has been an issue since the treo 600
    When I used to use that hard elbow adapter that palm sells my heaphone jacks were always messed up. On my second 650 I started using the seido adapter and haven't had problems since.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jayzee View Post
    When I used to use that hard elbow adapter that palm sells my heaphone jacks were always messed up. On my second 650 I started using the seido adapter and haven't had problems since.
    I agree, the cord adapter is easier on the jack than the the other kind. The Seidio one is probably well-made, but DealExtreme, the Hong Kong gadget company, has them for $1.40, shipped:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.733
    Same issue happened on my 700P . No problem so far on my centro. seems that palm just has a problem with this.
    It's also on the 755p .. I just had one replaced with that issue. I now only use my stereo BT headset.