1.    #1  
    So, I've only had my centro for a day and had never used my previous phone (the 650) to listen to music. The pocket tunes app is new to me and somehow I've already messed it up. When I first got the phone I could go to the pt app and see the two default songs they had there. I now added a bunch of mp3's to my sdcard and can see them on the card but they don't show in pt when I open it. If I open an mp3 file from the file folder location the song will play with pocket tunes (obviously very inconvenient way to listen to music). Does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? Do you have to use the sprint music manager to get the mp3's loaded from your computer to the centro?

Thanks!
    Normsoft's knowledge base may help.

http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/6/0/
    You have to make sure the MP3s are in a file marked "Audio"
  4.    #4  
    thanks for your help
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    You have to make sure the MP3s are in a file marked "Audio"
    Just to be clear, do you mean "folder" marked Audio, or "file"?
    -- Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    -- Josh
    I am pretty sure he ment "folder"

From the user guide at http://www.pocket-tunes.com/userguide/en/
    ...5-3 Copying Audio Files With A Card Reader

To transfer an audio file to your memory card using a card reader, follow these steps:

1. Insert your flash memory card into your card reader.
    2. Use Windows Explorer to copy MP3, AAC, aacPlus, Ogg Vorbis, or WAV files to the memory card. The recommended location for audio files is in the Audio directory on the root of the card. If that directory doesn't exist, you can safely create it...

but later on I see a another reference to a "/Audio" as well as "/Music" and the "root folder" ( / )...

...When you first select a memory card, Pocket Tunes will look for the default music directory (usually /Audio or /Music). If it exists, it will open it and display all of the audio files available. If it does not exist, Pocket Tunes will display the root directory of the flash card...

So I think you can put mp3 files in the following locations on your MicroSD card and Pocket Tunes will find them:
    - /
    - /Audio
    - /Music

(all of mine are in /Audio)

Franko
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej View Post
    -- Josh
    Josh,

Anyone tell you, you look a lot like Clint Eastwood. Yes, I meant folder, not file. Thanks.

Stu
    What do you use (that's on the Palm) to look at the files on your SD card besides filez. I use the application supplied by Palm called "Files" but it does not appear to really show all that's on the card.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    What do you use (that's on the Palm) to look at the files on your SD card besides filez. I use the application supplied by Palm called "Files" but it does not appear to really show all that's on the card.
    I use filez but I was able to see all of the songs in the audio file using the 'files' app that came with the centro.

Thanks everyone for your posts!
    I use a software app called "Card Reader." It enables your card to be read as a USB device. Then you can easily search through items and ensure your files are in the right folder, etc. Another software app is Softick Card Export II. Haven't used that one, but you might check it out.

A good file manager will also do the trick. "Files" that comes with Palm can work in a pinch, but I would ditch that and get FileZ or FileProg, which are both freeware apps. FileZ will do the job well, but its not as user friendly. Read the manual for FileZ and you can figure it out. Probably the best file manager out there is Resco Explorer. It is a multipurpose File manager, but is not free.

Hope that helps.