Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I am taking the photo with the built in camera (700P on Verizon). I can locate the file, browse to it in Filez (its on the SD card). I can see it in the graphics viewer and Splash photo. I see several options to "send" but they all attach the pic to an SMS message and I want to email it.

How??? There has got to be a simpler way - right?

Thanks!
    The way I email photos out, is to take the picture(s), then I use Resco Explorer to zip them, then use Resco Explorer's send feature to attach the zipped photos to the email I'm sending out.

It's real simple and only takes a minute or two.

I do this on my Sprint 700p and Centro...

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    The way I email photos out, is to take the picture(s), then I use Resco Explorer to zip them, then use Resco Explorer's send feature to attach the zipped photos to the email I'm sending out.

It's real simple and only takes a minute or two.

I do this on my Sprint 700p and Centro...

gotta be a better way than a $30 add-on!
    If you want free, you'll have to dig something up that might work.

Resco Explorer is powerfull, do everything file manager for your Treo, or Centro.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've had no problem simply attaching the photo from within the built-in e-mail program (Versamail) that comes with the 700p.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffois View Post
    I've had no problem simply attaching the photo from within the built-in e-mail program (Versamail) that comes with the 700p.
    aha - that would be good - except versamail is not the installed client on my 700p. figures.

mine is just called Mail.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If you want free, you'll have to dig something up that might work.

Resco Explorer is powerfull, do everything file manager for your Treo, or Centro.
    I got a trial download - when I select a file and SEND, it options BEAM, BLUETOOTH, MESSAGING. No email.
    In mine, I have Beam, Bluetooth and Email.

I guess you don't have email on your phone.
    Hmmmm. . . could this be a Verizon issue? On my Sprint 755p and I fully believe on my prior Sprint 700p when I select a picture in the "Pics & Videos" program and press menu. . . I get Beam and Send and under send I have Bluetooth or eMail as options . . . .
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Hmmmm. . . could this be a Verizon issue? On my Sprint 755p and I fully believe on my prior Sprint 700p when I select a picture in the "Pics & Videos" program and press menu. . . I get Beam and Send and under send I have Bluetooth or eMail as options . . . .
    I'll bet it is - mine lists BLUETOOTH and MESSAGING!

I think I have Versamail on the CD that came with Treo. Maybe I should try that.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    In mine, I have Beam, Bluetooth and Email.

I guess you don't have email on your phone.
    As I said above - I do have email - ap is called Mail. I receive mail with attachments but can't see where to attach to outbound mail.
    Could be a Verizon revenue gimmick, as well. Do they charge for messages(Flat fee or per message)?

I would see what happens with installing VersaMail from the CD and see if that expands your "Send" selection choices. . . . hopefully this install does not conflict with the email app already on the device.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Could be a Verizon revenue gimmick, as well. Do they charge for messages(Flat fee or per message)?

I would see what happens with installing VersaMail from the CD and see if that expands your "Send" selection choices. . . . hopefully this install does not conflict with the email app already on the device.
    Sure they do.

I'm gonna - we'll see where that takes me.

Thanks for all the input.
    If that doesn't work. . . . as a last resort. . . does the email app on the Verizon 700p allow you to send attachments?

Prepare the email then see if you can get to a picture from the attachment menu . . . . .
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If that doesn't work. . . . as a last resort. . . does the email app on the Verizon 700p allow you to send attachments?

Prepare the email then see if you can get to a picture from the attachment menu . . . . .
    Not that I can find. I'm sure that's why its not available in other aps. I was hoping to use it because I had read about problems with Versamail.
    I may be the exception. . . but VersaFail has always served me well without issue.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

That's what I meant. Although its official name is Versamail, it's simply labeled "Email" on my Treo (Sprint 700p, BTW).

I open up the email app, start a new message, and then I attach the pic from within the e-mail message. If it's the same proggy on yours as on mine, there should be a small paperclip icon up top. If you click on that, you should then get options to attach a doc. Navigate from there to the desired pic, and you should be good to go...
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffois View Post
    That's what I meant. Although its official name is Versamail, it's simply labeled "Email" on my Treo (Sprint 700p, BTW).

I open up the email app, start a new message, and then I attach the pic from within the e-mail message. If it's the same proggy on yours as on mine, there should be a small paperclip icon up top. If you click on that, you should then get options to attach a doc. Navigate from there to the desired pic, and you should be good to go...
    My ap is called Mail (and the ABOUT reads copyright nokia 95-06) - not Email. And there is no paperclip in a new message. I can't believe its not there - but its not.
  19. ftb
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Verizon wireless includes a default emailing program called mail. You can receive attachements, but not send them. The CD that came with your treo will have the versamail client on it. Install it to your handheld and them setup your email accounts. It will appear on your handheld as "email" application. You can then use that to attach files and pictures and send them.

I have not had many issues with versamail, it is actually quite slick.
    Last edited by ftb; 01/26/2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: bad typing
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ftb View Post
    Verizon wireless includes a default emailing program called mail. You can receive attachements, but not send them. The CD that came with your treo will have the versamail client on it. Install it to your handheld and them setup your email accounts. It will appear on your handheld as "email" application. You can then use that to attach files and pictures and send them.

I have not had many issues with versamail, it is actually quite slick.
    Ya - I got it on CD -- Will install today and try it out. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast