1. blw
    I have what is likely an elderly 650 - it's approaching 3 years old I think. I bought it unlocked, and I upgraded its firmware a year or two ago. Unfortunately I can't remember how to figure out which firmware it is running.

All was fine until about two months ago, when my Jabra BT800 broke. I replaced it with a Jawbone, and then my problems started.

First, and possibly most irritating, I can often make 3 or 4 calls in a row using the headset. Then I might dial again - and the headset just never figures out to talk. The phone is sitting on the table or in my pocket and someone's talking to the pocket or table - meanwhile my headset is silent. A reboot of the Treo restores operation for a while. Occasionally I can make 10-15 calls before it separates. I don't think it's a pairing problem - if it were, the reboot wouldn't fix it. Power cycling the headset doesn't help.

Second, I've started noticing that after I hang up from using the headset, sometimes (twice a week or so?) the phone becomes VERY sluggish - it might take 20 or 30 seconds to power down the display after I hit the "red phone" button, or 10+ seconds to move from Contacts to Voicemail after I press the rocker.

Finally, at the same time the above problems started happening, a seemingly unrelated issue has cropped up. When I'm browsing the web via Blazer, I occasionally (once a week?) have the phone "miraculously" reset itself. As in, it initiates a power-on reset, then automagically turns the phone back on. I was looking at a web page downloading and thirty seconds later I'm looking at the dialpad with the phone re-enabled. This feels like something is running out of memory some place, but I can't find evidence of that. I have no idea how to debug or track this down. And this problem cropped up within a day or two of my pairing up the Jawbone the first time.

There are no new apps - I haven't added an app to the phone since April.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by blw View Post
    First, and possibly most irritating, I can often make 3 or 4 calls in a row using the headset. Then I might dial again - and the headset just never figures out to talk. The phone is sitting on the table or in my pocket and someone's talking to the pocket or table - meanwhile my headset is silent. A reboot of the Treo restores operation for a while. Occasionally I can make 10-15 calls before it separates. I don't think it's a pairing problem - if it were, the reboot wouldn't fix it. Power cycling the headset doesn't help.

I have this problem on my 755p with Jawbone and Plantronics Voyager 510. I never have to reset the phone, but often have to press the call button on the headset for a second or two to re-connect them. Sometimes it gets all and I have to pull the phone out and talk directly into it. At least once or twice, however, even that didn't work and I had to end the call and redial. Very frustrating!
    As part of Spring cleaning my 755p, I need to pair my headsets again. Looking on line at Jawbone website:
    The Bluetooth technology in Jawbone is designed to work seamlessly with any Bluetooth compliant handset. However, not all Bluetooth is created equal - certain CDMA phones (like Sprint or Verizon) can under perform compared to GSM phones (like Cingular or T-Mobile). While Jawbone works well with most CDMA phones, a few may have issues with call quality and/or audio switching between the handset and the Jawbone, such as the HP iPaq and LG VX 8300.
    ...and on Plantronics site regaring my Voyager 510: they don't even list the 755p, and state it's not compatible with the 680. $$$$$.......