1.    #1  
    I understand youtube changed something? Can not play any youtube and my treo 650 and crashes (soft resets) when trying to open a google video after a search.
    Youtube changed their whole mobile app, causing issues with Kinoma. Kinoma was not aware of the changes until the change was made yesterday. They are aware of it now and are working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Youtube changed their whole mobile app, causing issues with Kinoma. Kinoma was not aware of the changes until the change was made yesterday. They are aware of it now and are working on it.
    (Thanks for helping us keep folks updated, Treo Muskateers!)

Happily we don't have a dependency on their mobile site, since with Kinoma Player you get real, desktop-quality YouTube video. Kinoma Player should be working great for you with the new mobile site right now.

We have a fix for "real" YouTube in testing, and we'll have an update for everybody on Monday.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Hello, I also have the Kinoma player and cannot play any videos on the mobile YouTube site. Can someone perhaps post their new website address, as I see if you google it two different addresses come up. Now to be clear, do I have to go onto Blazer and go onto the YouTube mobile site and find the video I want to play and just click it, and Kinoma is supposed to launch? Because that is not what is happening, I get an error message that the file is not supported. I am on a Sprint Treo 650.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Can someone perhaps post their new website address, as I see if you google it two different addresses come up.
    There's only one mobile-ready YouTube site, and it's at http://m.youtube.com/.

Kinoma Player will stream these videos beautifully.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles@Kinoma View Post
    We have a fix for "real" YouTube in testing, and we'll have an update for everybody on Monday.
    Okay, I lied. The update is available right now.

Check out the blog for details.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    There's only one mobile-ready YouTube site, and it's at http://m.youtube.com/.

Kinoma Player will stream these videos beautifully.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles, thank you for your reply. I tried that website and when I click on a video, it give me an error screen saying that file is not supported. But I do have the most recent version of Kinoma installed. I guess my question is, when I click on a YouTube video on their mobile site, is my Kinoma player supposed to launch to play it. Because mine does not and I am wanting to know if there is a setting I need to change to make it do that. Many thanks for your help.
    Last edited by dollface; 01/25/2008 at 08:30 PM.
    Okay here is what I just did and got YouTube to work. I uninstalled and re-installed Kinoma with the latest update from today. Then I opened Kinoma and went into the Media Guide. I clicked on Search at the top and then clicked on YouTube (at the bottom) you get a screen pop up that you can enter in your serach terms and click OK It will bring up all the videos that match your search term. I just clicked on one of them and it actually brought up the video and played it. It is beautiful video but I am having a serious choppiness, stopping and starting. Perhaps that is because of my 650?? processor not big enough? But at least I got it to work, I could not get any video to play if I went through the m.youtube.com website - nothing except an error screen that says that file format is not supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by dollface View Post
    Okay here is what I just did and got YouTube to work. I uninstalled and re-installed Kinoma with the latest update from today. Then I opened Kinoma and went into the Media Guide. I clicked on Search at the top and then clicked on YouTube (at the bottom) you get a screen pop up that you can enter in your serach terms and click OK It will bring up all the videos that match your search term. I just clicked on one of them and it actually brought up the video and played it. It is beautiful video but I am having a serious choppiness, stopping and starting. Perhaps that is because of my 650?? processor not big enough? But at least I got it to work, I could not get any video to play if I went through the m.youtube.com website - nothing except an error screen that says that file format is not supported.
    if you are trying to watch video with gprs, forget it. if kinoma was capable of downloading the video so that you can watch it in one go after it is downloaded into external card, that would have been practical, but sadly this is beyond the capabilities of the kinoma player
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    if you are trying to watch video with gprs, forget it. if kinoma was capable of downloading the video so that you can watch it in one go after it is downloaded into external card, that would have been practical, but sadly this is beyond the capabilities of the kinoma player
    Here's how I do it:

• Choose Prefer download to Streaming in Streaming Preferences
    • Choose something to play, then click pause once it starts
    • Click play once it's downloaded

But yeah, "real" YouTube video is Flash Video encoded at a high bitrate, and so it wants a fast 3G connection to play smoothly.

For folks on pre-3G networks, m.youtube.com is a good alternative if you don't need PC-quality video.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    (Thanks for helping us keep folks updated, Treo Muskateers!)

Happily we don't have a dependency on their mobile site, since with Kinoma Player you get real, desktop-quality YouTube video. Kinoma Player should be working great for you with the new mobile site right now.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Charles,
    I have to say that I don't want "desktop quality" on my Treo 650. I want 320x320 that will stream at a rate that does not stop and start. I just updated my Kinoma - and for example, CNN's India news channel streamed very nicely (even though I got the "insufficient bandwidth" label at the bottom a few times).

Thanks for making this work well!!

Shneor
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Here's how I do it:

• Choose Prefer download to Streaming in Streaming Preferences
    • Choose something to play, then click pause once it starts
    • Click play once it's downloaded

But yeah, "real" YouTube video is Flash Video encoded at a high bitrate, and so it wants a fast 3G connection to play smoothly.

For folks on pre-3G networks, m.youtube.com is a good alternative if you don't need PC-quality video.

-- Charles Wiltgen

stupid me. although that what you explained, is an intuitive thing that one could try, i hadn't done so. i tried your described steps it worked pretty well.

thanks