1.    #1  
    Previous Treo was a 700p and the sync cable had the larger plug on it where it included the small square plug along w/ a pass thru for the the a/c charger - I had 'assumed' larger plug sync cable was the one that was required for charging via the USB port.

The 755p I rec'd came w/ a sync cable that had the smaller plug and I was surprised when it allowed the phone to be charged via the USB port.

So:
    1. What's the purpose of larger plug? Is it so you can use an a/c charger via the pass thru port and charge from an outlet while having the sync cable connected.

2. I take it that a powered USB port is going to provide a slower charging rate (trickle) as opposed to the 115 a/c charger.
    Pros/cons between the two?
    Like you said, previously the Treo did not charge from USB, you had to plug the AC into the usb cable to get it to actually charge. Now it actually charges from the usb.

USB is a trickle charge, so it charges slower. No other difference really than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Like you said, previously the Treo did not charge from USB, you had to plug the AC into the usb cable to get it to actually charge. Now it actually charges from the usb.

USB is a trickle charge, so it charges slower. No other difference really than that.
    Also, the USB charge will not charge a dead battery. The phone needs power in order for it to engage...I know this from experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post

On my old 650, the USB charge was really slow. A couple of weeks ago, I sold my 650 and switched to the new 755 cable to the computer and was happily surprised to find that my 755 charges fairly quickly from a computer USB port.

I did just learn that the sync cable pluged into a wall wart (for USB charging) does not charge the 755.
    Brian
    Will it be worth sticking to HP Web OS? I hope so but need to see the right hardware and software.
    Yeah I haven't had any complaints usb charging the 755p.
    The USB method may be a side-effect, the main purpose appears to be to keep the Treo "alive" while doing data-transfers etc. Hence the slow charging. Also, this does not appear to be documented in the manuals. At least on the 650.