1.    #1  
    I'm not sure about the terminology but I have a problem with my 650. It constantly goes from the palmOne screen to the circular Palm logo (very briefly, like .5 of a second) then back to the palmOne screen - round and round and round. The only kind of reset that has any effect is a hard reset and that just gets as far as asking me if I want to erase al my data before going back into the loop. I don't have a hotsync cable so can't attempt a zero reset. All was working fine, I went from an Orange UK firmware to 123 this morning and it was working fine. Immediately before this happened I was messing around with the built in email app and was syncing with my .mac account when I realised that it was about to try and download 45 megs of emails for which I had no space . There wasn't a cancel button so I reset the device. Mistake. What can I do now? I bought it from eBay so I can't send it back to Palm.
    My T650 is doing the same thing. I enabled the Crash app and it froze. I rebooted and then it got stuck in a loop. Any idea of how to bring it back?
    Dead-thread Necromancer
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    No way to fix this I believe this is a sign of a fried 650 try a warm reset hold the up button while you remove then reinsert the battery let go after the palm powered screen comes up or the treo boots.
  4.    #4  
    That doesn't work for me, I think I need to get hold of a Hotsync cable and try the reset method using that. All other methods aren't working for me and I'm not happy about it. What I can't understand is that it happened to me just while resetting the device, what a pain.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    The hotsync cable will not work the phone is dead.
    The reset worked for me. I need to dump the contents of the phone and rebuild paying more attention to what is installed...
    Dead-thread Necromancer
    Thanks for the info re: warm reset + hold up button & remove/reinsert battery.

I'd installed and ran the 1.10 software from Sprint on my Treo 700 and it went into a reset loop. I did the above and it got me to the phone keypad with new software installed. After that I hotsync'd and was up and running.

Thanks again-

- Beltane