Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    http://www.palm.com/sg/support/treo6...ads/680mr.html

Hope there's a stripped version. DBcache low after I installed this update...

Matt
    Is this better than 1.12 ?
    I don't see a difference in the fixes...
    Only difference is the version... why can't they even standardize on 1.12 or 2.12???
    2.12 still has that sms problem :-(
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    After applying this update, I find that it doesn't lag as much compared to the previous 1.12 update but I don't see any improvement in battery consumption....

matt
  6. tck
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matteosg View Post
    After applying this update, I find that it doesn't lag as much compared to the previous 1.12 update
    matt
    Did you compare with Palm Internal speed test pre/post upgrade? Mine went from 15sec to 30sec after the upgrade.

I also noticed KeyCapHack & TextPlus is slightly handicapped now.
    the 2.12 is the international (multi-language, also available for germany) version of the 1.12 and yes, the speed reduces significant
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have just updated to 1.12 row, can I use this update?
    Yes. You can directly update to 2.12 from 1.12. I have done it, and go back to 1.12. I found the following:
    - 2.12 is 3 seconds faster than 1.12 in PalmInternal's SpeedTest
    - average dbcache free in 2.12 around 10mb, while in 1.12 around 15mb (not using custom rom of course)
    - 2.12 consume battery more than 1.12. 2.12 batt consumption actually the same with the previous 3 updates (camera, sms, etc)
    - as I live in Indonesia, I can not display "SMS Receipt" option in 1.12. This is not the case in 2.12.
    For those reasons, I switched back to 1.12.
    Quote Originally Posted by chokindo View Post
    Yes. You can directly update to 2.12 from 1.12. I have done it, and go back to 1.12. I found the following:
    - 2.12 is 3 seconds faster than 1.12 in PalmInternal's SpeedTest
    - average dbcache free in 2.12 around 10mb, while in 1.12 around 15mb (not using custom rom of course)
    - 2.12 consume battery more than 1.12. 2.12 batt consumption actually the same with the previous 3 updates (camera, sms, etc)
    - as I live in Indonesia, I can not display "SMS Receipt" option in 1.12. This is not the case in 2.12.
    For those reasons, I switched back to 1.12.
    Thanks for the update. I'll stay with 1.12.
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    Anyone can advise how do i switch back after i have upgraded to 2.12? Much appreciated.
    Last night I updated from Cust1 ROM v 1.12 to GSM Unlocked Update v2.12.
    After that I again decided to installed Cust1 ROM. Both the updates went very well.
    No change in SMS character limits or MMS status (Unable to receive)

I feel the firmware is the same in V1.12 & V2.12 and rest of the crap are also same
    is this really useful for those who have the 1.04 ROW? Or is it only a marginal improvement?

so far all posts are from people that doesn't even need this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by oronzous View Post
    is this really useful for those who have the 1.04 ROW? Or is it only a marginal improvement?

so far all posts are from people that doesn't even need this update.
    I am a Non US - Rest Of the World Citizen (India) this update is for me
    as I have updated once with Treo680 1.12 ROW SDupdater and reflashed with Treo680 2.12 ROW SDupdater, I did not see any improvement.

So I again reflashed with Cust1 1.12

Note: If there is a custom ROM Maxdb available for 2.12 and if it is good, I am ready to get that on my T680
    I've got an unlocked Treo 680 and I've tried the update 2.12 and 1.12. I notice a problem on both. When there's no reception, the phone 'struggles' to keep alive as the red LED blinks irregularly with occasional continuous lit. The phone then becomes unresponsive and eventually crashes. Dialing #*377 will show the error message: "Event.c, Line:201, Event queue full while running SIM Srvcs".

At first I didn't realize those resets after updating were caused by being out of reception, I thought they were just random resets..

People who upgraded to unlocked 2.12 ROW / 1.12 ROW - please observe what happens when your phone goes out of reception...
    Quote Originally Posted by sq_leonhart View Post
    ... When there's no reception, the phone 'struggles' to keep alive as the red LED blinks irregularly with occasional continuous lit. The phone then becomes unresponsive and eventually crashes. Dialing #*377 will show the error message: "Event.c, Line:201, Event queue full while running SIM Srvcs". ...
    I have found this to be the case even back to the 650, and I honestly see it as a PalmOS issue at this point. It seems to be especially true, in my experience, when you have GPRS/EDGE applications running in background and have reception issues (even sometimes wandering in and out of good reception areas, such as when driving).
    same problem here. Two days of continuos crashes. Unresponsive phone and red LED blinking. That's with and without apps running.

Yesterday i did a hard reset. So far everything seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sq_leonhart View Post
    I've got an unlocked Treo 680 and I've tried the update 2.12 and 1.12. I notice a problem on both. When there's no reception, the phone 'struggles' to keep alive as the red LED blinks irregularly with occasional continuous lit. The phone then becomes unresponsive and eventually crashes. Dialing #*377 will show the error message: "Event.c, Line:201, Event queue full while running SIM Srvcs".

At first I didn't realize those resets after updating were caused by being out of reception, I thought they were just random resets..

People who upgraded to unlocked 2.12 ROW / 1.12 ROW - please observe what happens when your phone goes out of reception...
    Yes, well I believe this is a bug in the ROM itself because I've tried the phone in a no reception area right after a fresh Hard Reset (no restore) and it still exhibits the problem.

Reverting back to 1.04 ROM (provided by jamesgangut in another thread) solves the problem. However I experienced an abnormal battery drain with that ROM and I've tried the 'battery reset' method posted out there somewhere on the net and also tried draining it dry and charging it back to full to no avail, the battery still drains abnormally fast (i'm can't confirm if it's caused by the ROM though)..

I'm now using jamesgangut's custom 1.09. So far looks okay.
    i take it back. even after the hard reset the bug is there.
    I had v1.12 but since update to 2.12 Skin UI crashes the phone and battery drains very fast. I'm going back to 1.12 since the limit of 160 chars in sms is still in the v2.12. I did not notice any imrovement in this version except one or two icons :-)