1.    #1  
    Hello all,

First off, I appreciate everyone's help I have received in these forums. I am new to Palm's products, and everyone's input has helped me greatly.

Now for the question. I do not have web access, and I'd like to upload my own custom mp3 ringtones. Can I somehow place it on a microsd card and use it as a ringtone? Ringo Pro - MP3 Ringtones Manager can splice MP3s and use them as ringers. However, I have heard bad reviews and saw that the Centro wasn't even compatible with the program. Does anyone have experience with this program? Thanks!!

-Alex
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by corona1707 View Post
    Hello all,

First off, I appreciate everyone's help I have received in these forums. I am new to Palm's products, and everyone's input has helped me greatly.

Now for the question. I do not have web access, and I'd like to upload my own custom mp3 ringtones. Can I somehow place it on a microsd card and use it as a ringtone? Ringo Pro - MP3 Ringtones Manager can splice MP3s and use them as ringers. However, I have heard bad reviews and saw that the Centro wasn't even compatible with the program. Does anyone have experience with this program? Thanks!!

-Alex
    I haven't tried Ringo Pro, but I did use MiniTones to create one of my ringtones and it worked quite well. Best of all... it's free.
    I agree with Star. Minitones is a good place to start. It will convert your MP3s to ringtones. Both the Minitones app and the Mp3s can be stored on the card. However, any ringtones have to be saved onto the Centro Ram. Therefore, you want to be judicious in both how long the ringtones are (I would recommend no more then 30 seconds as the caller will have gone into voice mail by that point anyway) and how many you make, as you will be using precious space. There are other bonafide ringtone managers out there that will even allow you to save ringtones on the card. There is Lightwav, which has some caller ID and call blocking features as well, RingCare, and mRing just to name a few. My recommendation would be to try Minitones first, and if that is not enough for you, then trial some of the other ones. Good luck!

Stu
    A ring tone management program is the better solution for you. As mentioned above, regular ring tones are stored in device RAM and none of these files are small. A ring tone management program though works with files on the card. Those to lok at: LightWav, RingCare, CallBlock, Ringo, mRing.

I have tried all of them. LightWav, RingCare, Callblock - all are excellent apps and well supported. Ringo, well it works on some and not on others. MRing I was not too impressed with either.

I personally use RingCare.

Ben