Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I am finding that when anyone sends me a text message, the time that the text message was recieved is always an hour early. In other words, if I get a text message at 9:25, it shows up as 8:25. If I reply to that text message, the time on my reply is correct. I have my Centro set up to automatically set "Date, time, and time zone".

Has anyone else seen this problem?
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    If you haven't replied to a text message from that number, it won't show up as a chat and will display the time. If it does show up as a chat, if you double-tap on the sender's name or number (it shows up as light purple on my phone), it will open the message and show the date and time it was received.

You can also go to Menu/Options/Preferences/Chat and select "Show timestamps in chats" to have it show the time in chats.

Either source of the time, however, is incorrect on all messages I receive.
    Are you sure the time & time zone are set correctly on the phone sending the message?

I know with email and most clients, the time on the message is from the sender, not local. (example: If I send an email to you and my clock says 8:30AM and your clock says 9:30AM, the message with have the time 8:30AM)

Franko
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    Are you sure the time & time zone are set correctly on the phone sending the message?

I know with email and most clients, the time on the message is from the sender, not local. (example: If I send an email to you and my clock says 8:30AM and your clock says 9:30AM, the message with have the time 8:30AM)

Franko
    All messages, regardless of sender, show up exactly an hour off. Even messages sent from the web via email or AIM show up with an incorrect timestamp.
    I'm seeing this exact behavior as well. Anybody ever find a resolution?
    Exactly the opposite behavior just started on my Centro. I tried sending a message through the Sprint website to myself at 4:31pm AZ time (same as PST right now) and it correctly reported on the website as 6:31 CDT. I got the message, and the alert box that popped up said 4:31pm, I hit "Go to Msg" and the timestamp according to the messaging application was 5:31. Is everyone that's having this problem in a non daylight saving time area, such as Arizona? I remember the 700p had a fix to the DST settings a while back, but I thought the Centro already had this fix built in.