1.    #1  
    I've read everywhere that Voice Dial doesn't work with a Bluetooth headset, but does that mean you can't hit the button on the headset and have VD load or that the program simply can't listen over Bluetooth?

TIA
    the program simply doesn't listen to bluetooth
    Have you try the version 2.0 of the program, according to mytreo it works now over bluetooth
    6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $way$ $you$ $can$ $get$ $any$ $voice$ $dialing$ $to$ $work$ $via$ $BT$ $is$ $by$ $buying$ $a$ $separate$ $Jabra$ $BT$ $adaptor$, $which$ $is$ $ridiculous$. $As$ $much$ $as$ $I$ $love$ $my$ $Treo$, $the$ $fact$ $that$ $you$ $can$'$t$ $voice$ $dial$ $via$ $BT$ $is$ $one$ $of$ $the$ $ultimate$ $absurdities$ $for$ $a$ $phone$ $that$ $costs$ $this$ $much$ ($at$ $least$ $intially$).
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Have you try the version 2.0 of the program, according to mytreo it works now over bluetooth

Kocoman,

I've just recently switched from two devices, Palm Tungsten T5 & LG dumb phone to a Treo 700p. The cheap LG phone that I had could voice dial via BT natively. I am very disappointed that this 700p can't do that natively. I've looked at a couple of different apps to see if they would solve my problem, VoiceDialIt was one of them. But nether one supports BT headsets. If VDI does support BT headsets, I can't figure out how to do it. Could you please shed some light on how to make it work with BT or where on mytreo you seen that version 2.0 supports BT?

Thanks.

Daryl Rose
    I don't know about version 2 but here's my cheap solution: I put a cheap wired headset in one ear and my BT in the other. Voice Dialing DOES work with the wired headset, and once connected the BT takes over. It's not elegant, but at least I can voice dial safely while driving. I just have to hit one button on the wired headset.
    knitwit,

Since you have a wired earbud already in one ear why wouldn't you just continue to use it - it seems that even the cheapeast wired earbud would sound as good as almost any Bluetooth earbud - that way you have at least one ear to listen to traffic around you - besides, I think someone mentioned that wear stereo headset/earbuds is illegal while driving, and if you have two earbuds in, one wired, one not, you could be breaking the law?

Just curious.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by rosede View Post
    Kocoman,

I've just recently switched from two devices, Palm Tungsten T5 & LG dumb phone to a Treo 700p. The cheap LG phone that I had could voice dial via BT natively. I am very disappointed that this 700p can't do that natively. I've looked at a couple of different apps to see if they would solve my problem, VoiceDialIt was one of them. But nether one supports BT headsets. If VDI does support BT headsets, I can't figure out how to do it. Could you please shed some light on how to make it work with BT or where on mytreo you seen that version 2.0 supports BT?

Thanks.

Daryl Rose
    See the post above....it's a kluge. You need to buy a specal Bluetooth adapter/dongle that hangs off the wired heaphone jack... turn off the Treo's internal BT radio....then pair you headset to the adapter.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    See the post above....it's a kluge. You need to buy a specal Bluetooth adapter/dongle that hangs off the wired heaphone jack... turn off the Treo's internal BT radio....then pair you headset to the adapter.
    I've been doing some more research on this subject. There is a voice dialing app that I found on Palms site: http://www.palm.com/us/software/voicedialing that if used with Softicks Audio Gateway product, will provide voice dialing via a BT headset.

Using my A2DP headset, I was able to get this product to voice dial. The only issue that I had was the button would not work. So, it really doesn't solve all of my issues. I did learn that there was a single ear Jabra headset, BT-8040, that supports A2DP, and I am considering switching to this headset. But, it still wont allow me to be totally heads free. If I'm driving down the road, I will still have to pick up the phone, launch the app. and then voice dial. To me, hands free means being able to push the button on the headset, be prompted for a command, say the command, and then get the results.

Hands free & voice dialing isn't the only BT issue that I've had with this phone. Basically, the BT pretty much sucks. I've had a lot of connection issues, stability issues. I am very, very disappointed in this phone because of that.

I doubt that I will ever purchase another Palm product. I've been a loyal Palm user for several years, but I just can't see upgrading to another disappointing Palm product. Even the 755p doesn't have native BT voice dialing. The voice dialing that they describe is a subscription based service, and it doesn't even work with a BT headset.

Thanks

Daryl