1.    #1  

Has anyone had luck getting in touch with Seidio RMA dept? They seem to be completely unresponsive.

And when I call...this woman named Margaret answers and has a huge attitude.

And when I tell her about how unresponsive RMA has been, she basically denies it, says you are out of warranty, and basically tells you to f**k off.
    I love Seidio , there stuff is great. Products shipped fast, But yes the one issue they have is returns. I have returned a few things and it takes weeks to get an RMA and sometimes by the time you get it , the warrany is over. Both of my recent returns , it took 3 request for RMA's and 2 weeks to get the RMA's but eventually I did. But other than Returns , I love Seidio and there great products.
    Last edited by VaccPalm; 01/22/2008 at 10:49 PM.
    I will never again buy a product from Seidio. I bought 3 innodocks for X-mas, 1 for myself and 2 as gifts -and these things aren't cheap. Needless to say, 1 that I gave as a gift didn't work, and the receiver of the gift asked me why I gave her a piece of crap that didn't function. Well, since it was dead-on-arrival I figured no problem to get it replaced. Boy was I wrong. I put in my RMA request 12 days ago and haven't heard a thing. I have sent 2 follow-up emails without satisfaction. I have an innodock that I bought about 2 years back, and it worked fine, so I thought these were good products. Based on Seidio's poor customer service and selling DOA products - I will not be buying any more from them.
    That is what I returned twice. The InnoDock Junior. Both of them were non functioning . I gave up and got a cheap one on Ebay.
    There stuff is so cheaply made. It breaks easy. I can get the same stuff on eBay for pennies on the dollar!
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjpjpjp View Post

Has anyone had luck getting in touch with Seidio RMA dept? They seem to be completely unresponsive.

And when I call...this woman named Margaret answers and has a huge attitude.

And when I tell her about how unresponsive RMA has been, she basically denies it, says you are out of warranty, and basically tells you to f**k off.
    I apologize for the problems you've had with customer service. Please email your contact and original order information to forum@seidio.com and I'll see what I can do to get you taken care of.

Thanks,
    Don't expect any response to your email. Seidio ducks and runs from customer service and never answers their emails.
    That's funny because they answered mine pretty quick. I had an extended battery door for my 700p that didn't quite fit and they sent a replacement very fast. I've bought a few products from Seidio and am pleased with the purchases.
    I bought many products from Seidio too and they all work great, including my innodock that I have had for over a year. I have not had to deal with their returns, but the fact that I see them frequently on treocentral is a plus to me.
    I used to get a lot of stuff from them, but when they told me to forget any repairs to the car cradle when it broke for the fourth time in the same location, I decided I didn't need their problems any more.
    Just keep posting here...they always follow up in public
    I had a problem with my battery that I purchased back in 06-07 and asked a question of maybe a possible potential problem with my 2100mAh battery.

I sent an email off to forum@seidio.com and one to techsupport@seidioonline.com as I didn't really know who to pose this question to. My response from the techsupport was "sorry we can not help you as I was out of their warranty period" - looking at my records my battery was 8 months old - 2 months over their warranty so techsupport was correct - bummer.

My battery was at least working properly so I didn't feel too bad, but it developed a slight pregnant shape if you will - if you you look at it from its side lenghtwise, rather than looking like a perfect rectangle it looked slightly oval - hard to see but easy to feel - it is slight.

Well to my suprise forum@seidio.com also replied to my email and offered me a new 2200mAh battery and a door as a curtiousy - what a nice suprise! And to top it off they gave me an advance replacement after I asked if that was posibble.

So with my new battery cycle three time already with my new 2200mAh battery I'm super happy - more than I had hoped for - all in all a good experience from a first time buyer. I might be able to buy back my "old" battery (and door) if they think it is safe - if not, I will buy a spare 2200mAh.

This has been my experience - Seidio went overboard on this one - they seem to care about service - but not from the real techsupport - but to whoever roams the forums here.

So "Seidio forum guy" - the "pregant battery" was shipped back to you today - Thank you again!
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
    Well I have purchased a lot of Seidio products in the past from treocentral store, them directly, etc. One of the reasons why is because I heard stories where they will take care of you.

I purchased an inno dock for my wife as a present a couple years ago. I found out recently that she only used it for about a month since it stopped working after a month. She just had it in her office desk drawer. Well, when I found that out, I tested it myself and sure enough it was dead. I sent an email to Seidio and they said that Kelvin would most likely be able to fix it. Well Kelvin said it was dead. As a consolation he offered me 10% off a new one! Gee that's nice. I sent an email back to Seidio and haven't received a response.

I understand that it's out of warranty, however, you think they would do something better than offer 10% off. In the future, I will be buying my accessories from others.
    Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    Well I have purchased a lot of Seidio products in the past from treocentral store, them directly, etc. One of the reasons why is because I heard stories where they will take care of you.

I purchased an inno dock for my wife as a present a couple years ago. I found out recently that she only used it for about a month since it stopped working after a month. She just had it in her office desk drawer. Well, when I found that out, I tested it myself and sure enough it was dead. I sent an email to Seidio and they said that Kelvin would most likely be able to fix it. Well Kelvin said it was dead. As a consolation he offered me 10% off a new one! Gee that's nice. I sent an email back to Seidio and haven't received a response.

I understand that it's out of warranty, however, you think they would do something better than offer 10% off. In the future, I will be buying my accessories from others.
    To be totally honest, what did you want them to do with an item that was purchased "a couple years ago" and well out of warranty? If you would have been able to send it back after it stopped working so soon, you would have received a replacement, I'm sure. Not trying to start an argument, but . . . it's seems pretty clear.

That being said, Seidio customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I had a damage item to return and I ended up sending an email each day for about a week before getting a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickstreo View Post
    To be totally honest, what did you want them to do with an item that was purchased "a couple years ago" and well out of warranty? If you would have been able to send it back after it stopped working so soon, you would have received a replacement, I'm sure. Not trying to start an argument, but . . . it's seems pretty clear.

That being said, Seidio customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I had a damage item to return and I ended up sending an email each day for about a week before getting a response.
    I hear your point and agree with you. I would have thought that selling me a new inno dock jr for their cost would have been a nice jesture. Or maybe even a small profit. The point being is that I choose to do business with companies that treat me well. In fact, I often pay a little more to do business with a company that will take care of me in the long run. As you stated customer service is a big component of where you shop. From reading other people's posts, it looks like Seidio likes to do "damage control" on the internet only to perserve their name in public. However, when a person calls or emails them directly, they don't help them.
    Got a hybrid clear/rubberized hard case for my Vzn Centro... no instructions on how to put it on, but seems reasonably high quality and no issues so far.

The only problem I have had yet is with UPS delivery. They said our office was closed and it most definately was not. Other issues with the UPS dispatcher who said the driver was at a mall (It was Friday and I was willing to meet him there). They said they would call me to say which part of the mall he was at. I went there and saw another driver (who did not have my package). He said the other driver had left. Dispatcher never called me back.
    I would still be waiting at the Mall for the call. They delivered it to my work office yesterday-Monday.

I do not blame Seidio for UPS's problems.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!