Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    My new Verizon 755P resets whenever I try to use Google Maps. For the first couple of weeks all was well, but last week it started. I haven't added much and all were added one by one instead of a wholesale dump from my 650. I saw in other threads that adding the Voice Dial software that came on the CD causes problems. I'd downloaded that but hadn't used it. I've deleted it but still resetting.

Can I delete it and reinstall? Wasn't sure since it's in the Main memory. Any ideas?

Also, the phone doesn't work as well with my car's Bluetooth and Audible skips every so often. Anyone else getting this with a new Verizon 755P?
    Just go to the website in blazer http://www.google.com/gmm/index.html and download the latest. It will override your internal RAM version (original still exists but it uses the latest).
    It caused resets on my sprint 755 when I first got it. I just deleted and reinstalled using the link above and it should fix any problems you have.
    Ah yeah if it's not included in the ROM then you can just delete it. I thought maybe it was in your ROM.
    Actually I think google maps is in ROM but some how I remember deleteing it once..
    Maybe you deleted an already-updated version?
    yeah I think thats probably what happend.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I've also had problems recently with Google Maps.I have the Treo 755p. Google Maps worked perfectly for a couple of months.Then on a trip between San Diego and L.A., Google Maps was stuck in loading.Then a message stating ''no network'' or "needs to be reset" but to no avail.In the last couple of days,the phone was having these problems 80% of the time.Needing to reinstall by syncing(installing on the phone's web had the same issues). I might have a corrupted file.The dread of doing a hard reset.Ugggggggh.
    Or is this a 755 problem?

the duck
    I haven't had any issues with google maps on my 755p.

Did you try removing GM and all the associated files and then reinstalling?
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I haven't had a chance to download the GoogleMaps updated software yet to see if it worked. However, I just found out that reaching out to get new books using Audible Air also causes a reset. First thought was that I'm not connecting to the network automatically which was a problem when I first got the phone but was resolved, I thought. I went to the Prefs menu > Network and manually connected, but still getting resets for both. How do I set it up so that it connects to the network all the time? I haven't set up an email app yet sinc eI just didn't use it with the 650 that often. Seems like it was always on with that. When I try accessing the web, it connects automatically then so I'm thinking it isn't always on.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Poss. third time is the charm? Since last posting, GM is working. Weird yes . But not complaining. Also, the last couple of times,GM seemed to be sluggish. Now it's spry as a teenager. It's nice to have it back.
    the duck
    Anyone experiencing a problem where the saved locations are disappearing? I can't seem to keep prior locations for long. The next time I reopen it, the default cities are there and my prior addresses are gone. The ones from my contacts are fine, but when I lost one that wasn't in my contacts then it is bad. Anyone experiencing this?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Disappearing saved locations.Yes,yes,yes,yes.Very frustrating.But lately it's ok.
    the duck
    Is there a newer version other than 1.2.09 for treo?