1.    #1  
    Has any one been able to delete any Rom files from there Palm Treo 755p. If so has it been sucessful. I want to get rid of the two songs they put on my phone, they are placed in the Rom files.
    This has been asked so many times, a search will give you an answer. Your answer is: no, you cannot remove ROM applications unless you have a ROM installer.

Ben
  3.    #3  
    I didn't know it was a sore spot to ask. I spent an hour looking through the forums to see if there was anything on it I didn't find anything. Thanks for your time
    Happy its not a sore subject.. some of us just get tired of answering the same questions when they have already been answered.

Please use the search feature of the forum before reposting an old subject. This subject has been asked many times before.
    Happy,

Both Ben and Syphex are usually very helpful. I'm sure it is frustrating to answer a question one day and then see someone post the same question the next. However, the poster (you) doesn't always know about the previous posts, and newbies often don't know how to search the forum at all, etc. So the unfortuante consequence is that sometimes, when you ask for help that frustration comes out.

It is a good practice though, to do a thorough search of the forum before asking a question. Nevertheless, if you can't find what you're looking for or if you think its been awhile since anyone asked the question and are wondering if anything has changed, feel free to ask it again.

Stu
    Someone should write a palm email app that supports exchange 2007 fully and hotmail. I will give you a beelion dollars.
    Yeah I didn't mean to be mean or rude. I was really trying to make a helpful suggestion It's always okay to ask questions all I was saying is please do a search before asking... I went ahead and did a search for this question and found multiple threads on the subject, but as Treo Musketeers pointed out that if your are new to something like this you may not know to do a search first and for this again Im sorry if my post sounded mean or rude I like reading questions here new and old... if its a subject I know a lot about then I will repond and if not I look forward to the answers so that I know more about my own device...
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Someone should write a palm email app that supports exchange 2007 fully and hotmail. I will give you a beelion dollars.
    LOL what does this have to do with deleting files/apps from ROM?

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Nothing, just throwing it out there incase anyone is awesome at writing apps for PALM and email protocols.
    The response was not intended to be taken as rude, just informational and note, an answer was provided. When the statement that a search and no results were found, one with a bit of time concludes that a search was not done. Anyway, try the search feature - once you get use to its quirks, it provides lots of information. If the question is still not answered, then ask. Lots of us have lots of experience with bunches of devices. I have had each of the Palm OS Treos with the exception of the 755P and even played with a 700W for a short time, but did not care for it.

Ben
    :^/ I'm curious about this too. I've used the search tool and came up with

this thread from a couple of years ago. It's incredibly detailed and just the thing user Happy Are We and I need, -except that it's for the Tréo 650 and not the 755p.

Might there be anything similar underway for the 755p? Or will that one work?
    Mr. P,

Currently, there is no way to delete ROM apps on the 755p. The only thing you can do is hide them. You can do this a number of ways: If you use the stock launcher, get the freeware app called "Hide Applications Panel." It will show up in your preferences, and you just open it and click on the ones you want to hide. They will turn gray. However, if you use a third-party launcher, all those hidden apps will show up again. On the other hand, most of the 3rd party launchers that are worth their salt, have a hide application feature. Another way to pseudo hide the apps, is to create some category in the stock launcher and then assign everything you don't want to use, thats in RAM, to that category. Then just never look at it.

Stu
    ;^) Thank you for taking the time to reply; I appreciate it.

:^/ What I'm looking for is a little different, though. My Tréo 755p was originally created for Sprint service. I've had it unlocked to use another carrier, but the yellow sprint logo still appears whenever I turn the phone funtion on or off. Also, once connected, the text in the upper left corner goes from "phone off" to "Sprint," instead of "phone on" or whatever.

Since Sprint is not my carrier, I'd like to remove references to them. Because these things are in ROM, the only way to remove them would be to flash the ROM, as was made so feasible for the Tréo 650.

So, Mmastrac's ROM tool hasn't been updated to work with the Tréo 7xx series? That's a shame.

[Edit]
    :^/ When posting on this forum, I get this a lot:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at discussion.treocentral.com Port 80

:^/ Somebody needs to fix something here. Firefox isn't the problem.
    It's not that it hasn't be updated as much as 700 series uses a different flashing method in the software. Nobody has been able to reverse engineer it.