1.    #1  
    How do I get the docs to go on my desktop? I do not see it on the CD that came with the centro.
    Go to Dataviz and you can download the desktop icon, etc. Just be sure you registered your DTG OTA first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Go to Dataviz and you can download the desktop icon, etc. Just be sure you registered your DTG OTA first.
    Can you maybe provide a link. I'm on their page but can't find a desktop icon. Thanks.

I did find this though. It may explain why I don't see Docs to Go on my Word and Excel, but I don't have it in my programs on my desktop now.

Problem:
    The Office Menu Add-ins for Documents To Go no longer appear in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint on the computer.

Solution:
    Starting in Documents To Go 8, the Microsoft Menu Add-ins for Documents To Go were removed and are no longer supported. There are no plans to further develop this feature. This decision was made largely because of increasing conflicts and compatibility issues with other add-ins, MS Office security settings, and newer versions of MS Office. If those menu add-ins are installed on the computer, they will be removed when installing Documents To Go 8 or higher.

In addition, the Documents To Go Office menu add-ins were only able to send files to Documents To Go by translating them into Word To Go, Sheet To Go, or Slideshow To Go formats. Starting in Documents To Go 9, only native file formats are used, so the menu add-ins will not work at all with version 9 or higher.

The Office menu add-ins were used to add files to the Documents To Go program on the desktop computer in order to sync them to the handheld. There are several other easy ways to add files to Documents To Go on the computer:

Drag a file onto the Documents To Go shortcut on the desktop

Drag a file directly into the Documents To Go program window

Click the "Add" button (or select "Add Item" from the File menu), then browse to and open the file you want to add

Find a file on your computer, right-click on it, and select Send To > Documents To Go
    Last edited by RickMG; 01/21/2008 at 09:19 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Hi Rick,

There are a couple ways to get the desktop shortcut. One is to download a free trial, if you haven't already registered the product, or another way is to redownload the registered product; provided you still have downloads left (see link at bottom). If not, one final suggestion would be to contact Dataviz customer support and explain that you don't need to purchase the product as you already have it on your phone, but that you want to set up your desktop shortcut and syncronization with Microsoft Office. They are usually pretty responsive. I downloaded another copy myself when I switched to Vista and didn't have any issues, but I still was within my timeframe to download.

http://www.dataviz.com/downloads/index.html

Hope that helps,

Stu
    Thanks. I really feel they have the hardest site in the world to figure out where you want to go. It still has me registered with either my 650 or 755. I finally found a link to download the desktop info on my laptop last night, today I can't find it for my desktop, and when I try and put in my registration number (same one as last night), it says it's already registered and won't let me in. I'll get it. Thank you again for that link.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas