1.    #1  
    I am looking into 2 different phones for Verizon Wireless. I am considering a Palm Treo 755p of course, and possibly the SMT5800.

I was wondering since the palm OS looks so bland if there was a way to skin it?

Also if anyone can give me advice as to which of those two phones will be best...I know I did a 755p vs 700p but now I want it compared to the smt5800...

Thanks in advance!!!
    the 755 can do a little skining with apps like zlauncher, ilauncher, 2day, ect. but IMHO that stuff is just overrated. kids stuff. still possible though.

the 755p vs SMT5800 is not going to happen. that is a palm OS vs WM OS which has been covered all over the web. i have had many windows phones for a long time and have now switched to Palm OS. there different, but not one better than the other. each has there pros and cons. all depends what you are wanting.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
  3.    #3  
    Hmmmm....kid stuff?

lol

I just wanna spice it up!!!
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    What theme is that and where do i find it.....
    It's called zPhone (not really sure why, it doesn't really look like the iphone).

http://1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136436

Nice thing about zlauncher is you can customize just about everything. I put that BT icon on the bottom of the bar so that I don't need the link in the apps.

On a side note, if you choose to use the today plugin, don't use the one included with zphone, it isn't in english. Instead use the one included with the zlauncher install package itself.

Also if you want to use background images you have to install the jpeglib (included zlauncher install package). Then go to the SD Card tab, browse to your pictures, hold down click on one and choose "Backimage" to set it for various tabs. You can set a different image for each tab if you want.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    In his directions it says to copy the file to the directory...... what do i use to do this?
    I tried fileZ but cant figure it out.
    Use ZLauncher itself. Go to the Card tab. Browse to the folder where the files are located. Hold click on them, Move to, etc.
    Last edited by papped; 09/09/2008 at 01:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is SWEEET!!!!!!!
    Probably already know this, but you can change the icon for any app. Just hold click it and go to Info. Click on the icon, select, and pick a new one.
    Can these Icons be used on TreoLauncher? I wonder...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I downloaded zPhone but not really sure how to run it. Where should you save all the files? I'm new to the Palm system.
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I use TouchLauncher with my icon sets and wallpapers I make and customize. A launcher, any launcher isn't an operating system. It's designed to add a little style to your phone and make it more enjoyable to use. If you want a "theme" you'll need to stay with Windows based operating systems/phones.

Here's a few shots:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3008/...b2fbd103_m.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3145/...2d428d8a_m.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3281/...428e57fe_m.jpg

Take care ..................Greg
    I guess I'm confused. How did you get your to look like that? Is exactly what I am looking for.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Cool - go to Ryhor's web-site (the developer of TouchLauncher) and read the tutorials. Then, buy or test drive TL. The icons are as simple as downloading the icon sets from his site (also under their own tab) and then follow his directions. Let us know if you get to what you're looking for!! Good luck!!

TouchLauncher site is at http://ahsirg.kvplab.com/dp/

Got it! This is great! I love it.
    Thanks SO much.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Glad I could help. You'll also need the TouchBG file so you can use wallpapers.

Thanks =]