1.    #1  
    I hate picture messaging. My friends phones (& my previous phone) use to get pictures directly. Now you have to dial up to the net, and get the pictures. To see it any bigger then a postage stamp you have to click on it, wait for it to load. In the mean time, they've sent you more, or they're waiting for a response. It's a Ppoor service the way it stands.

I remember a txtmsg hack a while back. Although that may have been for the 160 character limit. I can't remember, and I can't find it off search.

Any way around any of this? 755P is a great phone, but certainly crippled by poor programming at times.

gpshemi
    Yeah my wifes older samsung downloaded the pics right to the phone so when ever she got pic mail she would see everything .. I love that feature but for what ever reason the treo line has never incorporated it.
    That's not correct. My 650 with Verizon would send and receive pictures. It's only since I've been with Sprint h that it's been sent via picture mail. I don't like it either and would love to have the other way back.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Your confusing picture messaging with picture mail.
    Our Treos have picture mail that uses a relay server to forward the picture to a recipient.
    We dont have picture messaging.
    Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by vjdupree View Post
    Your confusing picture messaging with picture mail.
    Our Treos have picture mail that uses a relay server to forward the picture to a recipient.
    We dont have picture messaging.
    Right?
    The Treo 650 had two messaging programs. One was MMS and the other was SMS. I don't remember which was a picture messaging program, but when it was opened it looked the same as our current messaging program does when you use the menu - new picture mail. It sent the complete photo. That's what I think that's what gpshemi was talking about in his post. That's also what I wish we still had instead of the picture mail we have now.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    The Treo 650 had two messaging programs. One was MMS and the other was SMS. I don't remember which was a picture messaging program, but when it was opened it looked the same as our current messaging program does when you use the menu - new picture mail. It sent the complete photo. That's what I think that's what gpshemi was talking about in his post. That's also what I wish we still had instead of the picture mail we have now.
    I agree, I am using a hacked Sprint Treo 755P on a local carrier. They dont have the picture mail server relay.
    okay im wrong I guess.. considering I've had every treo line (on sprint) since the 600 and none of them have been able to show the actual pic without connecting to the web. Now I've never had a verizon phone so I can't compare so don't tell me I'm not correct.
    The MMS program receives and sends pictures in text messages.

To retrieve that picture it will use data but it shouldn't require you to actually go on the internet and retrieve it.
    With Verizon, whichever it was, SMS or MMS (they were there separately in the programs) one would send just pictures, and the other just texts. I very very rarely ever used it because it was 25 for every picture, and a dime for each text. But you did just get the photo and it was full size. In fact, I remember posting here on the 755 board asking how to send a photo because it didn't have them separate like the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    I hate picture messaging. My friends phones (& my previous phone) use to get pictures directly. Now you have to dial up to the net, and get the pictures. To see it any bigger then a postage stamp you have to click on it, wait for it to load. In the mean time, they've sent you more, or they're waiting for a response. It's a Ppoor service the way it stands.

I remember a txtmsg hack a while back. Although that may have been for the 160 character limit. I can't remember, and I can't find it off search.

Any way around any of this? 755P is a great phone, but certainly crippled by poor programming at times.

gpshemi
    I'm with Alltel and it's the same way...a major pain. I just received my 755p on Monday and got my first picture message this morning and geesh, this is unneccesary! They give you a link to go to the "pic site" with a password, I get there and the pic doesn't show. What the ? Why must they make life so difficult?
  11.    #11  
    I'm not sure I understand the difference really. Bottom line is it doesn't just show up like a refualr flip phone. You have to go get it off the web link. That means dialing up, connecting, loading page, & then clicking on thumbnail to make it bigger. Big pain in the hinny. What's the big deal in just showing the picture? Can't be that involved really. Treo/Sprints picture mail sux....
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpshemi View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the difference really. Bottom line is it doesn't just show up like a refualr flip phone. You have to go get it off the web link. That means dialing up, connecting, loading page, & then clicking on thumbnail to make it bigger. Big pain in the hinny. What's the big deal in just showing the picture? Can't be that involved really. Treo/Sprints picture mail sux....
    It wouldnt be if the Treo had a picture messaging program, it has only a picture MAIL program.