1.    #1  
    Anyone using this?

http://www.4electronicwarehouse.com/...pa-adapter.jpg

Shure MPA-2B Music Phone Adapter for Treo
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20

It seems like the Retractable Phone Adapter i used and bought from Best Buy... only this is Shure! It is quite intriguing!

May be what i am looking for... its half of the Shure earphones that i have been looking at (Shure i2ct) for half the price. Of course the Shure earpiece will not be included but i thought i may be able to use any of my current earphones and experience "Shure" sound quality... somewhat... because the sound quality relies a lot on the type of plug and connectors you are using...
    You are not going to get any noticeable audio quality upgrade from this adapter. It might be more rugged, Shure generally makes quality products. The important thing is the drivers in the earbuds, and the source of the audio, not the cable. Connections and cables can make a difference with higher quality components.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    You are not going to get any noticeable audio quality upgrade from this adapter. It might be more rugged, Shure generally makes quality products. The important thing is the drivers in the earbuds, and the source of the audio, not the cable. Connections and cables can make a difference with higher quality components.
    THats very enlightening and sad (goes back and checks his wallet). Thanks for the info!
    Cool idea, but way too expensive. Listed at $30 on Amazon!!!! Who would spend that kind of money on an adapter cable?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    bump....

Has anyone tried this? Is the mic quality good?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    however, if all you need is a sturdy adapter with mic to allow you to use your good headphones with it...will this do? I've read lots of quality issues with Seidio.

Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    THats very enlightening and sad (goes back and checks his wallet). Thanks for the info!