1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I just bought my new Centro yesterday, and so far I am very pleased with the performance. However, I will be paying an extra $30 a month just for data charges alone. All I really need is IM and email. Do I need internet access for email and the IM application? Thanks!!

-Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by corona1707 View Post
    Hello all,

I just bought my new Centro yesterday, and so far I am very pleased with the performance. However, I will be paying an extra $30 a month just for data charges alone. All I really need is IM and email. Do I need internet access for email and the IM application? Thanks!!-Alex
    Alex, my guess, since you didn't really outline what you're paying for is that you're paying $25 a month for power vision and $5 a month for text. Is that correct? Did you get the phone for $99? If you did, and you're waiting for the rebate you will need to keep the $25 plan at least till you get the rebate then you can cancel it or change it to the $15 vision plan, which would still add up to $20 a month. If you don't need the internet or programs that use data, cancel altogether and make sure you have the correct amount of text messages you need on your plan. Also, remember, without a data plan you cannot send or receive photos on Sprint or get email.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas