1.    #1  
    I sync'd 700p to PC. I then did hard reset. I re-sync'd the phone. Contact list on phone is EMPTY! I re-sync'd phone. Still nothing! I checked contacts list in Palm Dektop and MS Outlook. They're empty. Am I SOL?
    Dis you name the treo the same username after the hard reset? if not, you should have a folder with the old username in your palm directory. If so, I would make a copy, hard reset, use the old username, then set the conduit to computer overwrites handheld. if you used the same username, I think you are SOL unless you have a card and used a backup program.
    If you use Outlook, they should still be in the delete folder in outlook. If not, you will probably have to go back to a backup copy of your contacts database. Do you use a backup program?

Anytime you do a hard reset, you need to change the conduits to pc overwrite handheld.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavingjan View Post
    If you use Outlook, they should still be in the delete folder in outlook. If not, you will probably have to go back to a backup copy of your contacts database. Do you use a backup program?

Anytime you do a hard reset, you need to change the conduits to pc overwrite handheld.
    I thought the Palm program was my backup.

Can you folks tell an ***** the steps to fix his stupid mistake?
    First off, I would download and install nvbackup and start doing nightly backups to the card.

To reiterate what gapost asked: did you rename the profile or did you use the same profile name? If you used the same name, I'm not sure there is a lot you can do. By reusing the same name without changing the sync settings for that first sync, the computer thought you had intentionally deleted all of your records.

Assuming you were syncing with outlook and you don't have it clearing the deleted items folder, you could open outlook and look in that folder and drag all of your contacts out of there and into the contacts folder.
  6.    #6  
    Okay. I had the hotsync set so Outlook would handle contacts, but for some reason, the contacts weren't saved to outlook! I've also looked for the file ContactsDB.pdb, but there isn't one on my PC

The only thing in my outlook trash is various undeliverable e-mails from the last couple of years.
    DID YOU USE THE SAME USERNAME WHAEN YOU HARD RESET? If yes, you are sol. If not, see my post above.

To anyone else reading this: Get a backup program that will backup to your card every night. Especially when you plan to do a hard reset. (I use Resco Backup). Yes, regular hotsyncs are important too, but both are good insurance.
    By chance, have you been running a device based backup application? Ben