1.    #1  
    I use outlook at home, have email (IMAP), contacts, notes, etc.. I know you can use EAS in Versamail to hook into your company exchange server but is there a product i can run to simulate a server for my outlook data on my home machine and log in using EAS?

Or a subscription svc / or free / to host my data and then configure Versamail via EAS to connect to that service?

Sco
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spookysco View Post
    I use outlook at home, have email (IMAP), contacts, notes, etc.. I know you can use EAS in Versamail to hook into your company exchange server but is there a product i can run to simulate a server for my outlook data on my home machine and log in using EAS?

Or a subscription svc / or free / to host my data and then configure Versamail via EAS to connect to that service?

Sco
    There are no free services. But you can subscribe to a hosted exchange service for about $12/month - www.1and1.com offers one. Another option is to switch to Google calendar (free) and GooSync ($40/year).

I tried both and found them to be horribly unreliable and/or painfully slow.

The only reliable way to do what you want unfortunately, is to switch to a WinMo phone with hosted exchange or a Blackberry with hosted BES.
    I just saw a story today about an open source Activesync server.

http://www.mobiholics.com/content/Wi...r-Activesync/#

Here's something REALLY cool...

Z-Push ... is an implementation of Microsoft's ActiveSync protocol which is used 'over-the-air' for multi platform active sync devices, including Windows Mobile and active sync used on Ericsson and Nokia phones. Open source Z-Push enables any PHP-based groupware package to become fully syncable with any ActiveSync-compliant device.

Being an opensource project under the GPL, it allows developers to add their own backend so that Z-Push can communicate with their groupware solution.

Currently, Z-Push is available with only four backends: the IMAP and the maildir backend for e-mail synchronisation, the vCard backend for contact synchronisation and one for the commercial Zarafa package which is sold by allowing full synchronization of E-mail, Calendar and Contacts. We expect that other backends arise in the near future as the opensource community gets to grips with the new possibilities.
    So what does this mean? To see what Z-Push was all about, I installed it on my test server. It's PHP, and I simply uploaded the directory to my server, tweaked the config file, added the required .htaccess and it was ready to rock. It's recommended that Z-Push points at an IMAP server on the same box, but I thought i'd do something a bit different, so I pointed it to GMail's IMAP servers

The result? Exchange Server ActiveSync Push GMail! It worked straight away, and synced my mails. But did push work? To find out, I sent an email from my main email account to my gmail account. From hitting 'Send' in Outlook to the mail appearing on my device took 11 SECONDS! I'd say it worked

If you're looking to hook Server ActiveSync Push Technology into your groupware, then z-push is well worth a look!

P
    I suspect you will need to run your own Linux server at home, but that does not seem to scare people these days.

http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/

Surur
  4. Bas
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I just saw a story today about an open source Activesync server.

http://www.mobiholics.com/content/Wi...r-Activesync/#

I suspect you will need to run your own Linux server at home, but that does not seem to scare people these days.

http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/

Surur
    It also works perfectly on a windows server. I am running apache with php and Z-Push on a windows xp machine.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    try mail2web they have a free service for EAS
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre