1.    #1  
    Since the last AT&T update my zLauncher has been slow.

When I press the Home button or switch from Mail or Phone, I see one second of the Palm launcher and then zLaucher kicks in. It's a very ugly transition.

IS anyone else having this problem, and is there a cure for it? And am I imagining it happening since the upgrade?
    Live life Full Throttle!

RogerDodger
    I have the same problem and emailed ZZTECHS but they said there is no solution for now. Hope they solve it in the next update.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Yeah, everyone with Z-Launcher is experiencing the same thing. I received a form email saying they would try to correcet it in a future release.

McTreo
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Yeah, I noticed it immediately after running the update. Since their response to me (basically the same as stated above) was unacceptable to me, I have uninstalled ZLauncher until it is fixed.
    i had the same problem, and the same response as rickstreo... i uninstalled and switched to Initiate. Initiate has no problems and i've found that i prefer the type a character to get to launch method... would have never tried it except that zlauncher was so dog slow.
    ZLauncher is fine here with the latest FW update.. I think the problem is that Palm changed the Home Key operation, but hey, whatever works for you.

I think ZLauncher is fine for me because I use LudusP and have my green key mapped as home, like the 650 was.
    The latest releasses of ZLauncher take care of the home key problem. As for speed, when one looks at what it does, a slight slow down is not all that bad.

Ben
    If you set Z Launcher to launch at the press of the "home" key, does it go to the Palm launcher for a split second prior to going to z launcher, or does it override the Palm launcher?
    Well, what was happening on mine was that the home button, when pressed, would show the Palm Launcher first, then start Zlauncher. Every time. Because I use the home button to cycle through tabs. It got old *real* fast. I hated to give up Zlauncher because i've been using it for years. If it wasnt for the update from palm, i'd never have switched.

I'm not knocking zlauncher because i really loved it, but the home button/pop in and out of palm launcher thing was too much. having switched to initiate i found something i like even better, but of course YMMV.
    Well, I did a custom rom with striped down version and resynced. Somehow the problem doesn't return anymore, meaning that now I press the home button, the default palm launcher doesn't appear at all, not even one second, just like how it should be.
    I don't know what fixed it but I would imagine it must be Versamail or some program that is not in the striped down version that is causing the problem. Hope someone with better knowledge can help pin down the program and have this fixed.
    I am using one of the stripped down ROM images posted on this board. I don't remember if I had tried ZL since I change to a custom ROM. I guess I will have to try it out again. Maybe.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I have two 680's. One is an unlocked artic and one is a locked ATT model. The unlocked one works fine with ZL (no lags or palm launcher flashes) and the locked one is slow and shows the palm launcher for a few seconds when I press home.

greg
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    I have two 680's. One is an unlocked artic and one is a locked ATT model. The unlocked one works fine with ZL (no lags or palm launcher flashes) and the locked one is slow and shows the palm launcher for a few seconds when I press home.
    After doing the update, did you get ZLauncher back on the Treos in the same way for both of them? Meaning did you use HotSync to re-install ZLauncher? Or restore both from a SD card backup? Or reinstall both from scratch? Or did you get ZLauncher back on the Treos differently for each?

I am wondering if I do a hard reset of my locked AT&T Treo and install ZLauncher from scratch if that will solve the problem. I restored from HotSync after performing the upgrade on mine...
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Yes I hotsync restored both the same. I did the ATT one first since that update came first. After the unlocked upgrade came out, I did it expecting the same problems with ZL. I was surprised when it worked.

greg
    OK - I backed up, installed the AT&T 2.11 stripped custom ROM and did a restore. Now ZLauncher works great! Just as addictedtotreo reported! And I don't have all the annoying extra apps installed too. Just had to re-install DocsToGo (the only program that came in the ROM that I actually used that isn't present in the stripped ROM).
    Treo 680 GSM since July 2007
    Treo 600 GSM from November 2003 through July 2007
    AT&T (formerly Cingular, formerly PacBell PCS) since September 1998