Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I discovered something interesting today, maybe it is doing some sort of averaging... Where I am at work has moved around 3 times over a .1 mile radius. Previously it seemed the location was very static, almost as if it was a static database lookup of a particular tower coordinate, but today it has not been.

I'll have to start writing down the coordinates and watch it move.. Interestingly, I've tried it a bunch at home and it's always the exact same spot in one of two places (two towers nearby)
    On my Treo 600 (t-mobile in the Netherlands) I always get:

"An error has occured"...

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsinnema View Post
    On my Treo 600 (t-mobile in the Netherlands) I always get:

"An error has occured"...

Any suggestions?
    Are you using a WAP connection? It seems that MyLocation needs a pure "web" connection to work (even if Google Maps works both in WAP and "web")

Let me know!

Sergio
    I get error 4626. How about proxy support for T-Mobile Web users?
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioA View Post
    Are you using a WAP connection? It seems that MyLocation needs a pure "web" connection to work (even if Google Maps works both in WAP and "web")
    As far as I know it is a pure "web" connection via a GPRS subscription.
    Works for me! It's 5.6 miles off from my home, but it's still WAY better than nothing!

Thanks, Razix!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I have tmo with tmo internet and it works fine with me. No proxy needed.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    I have tmo with tmo internet and it works fine with me. No proxy needed.
    Tmo internet is a whole other ball of wax: costs $20/month, whereas T-Mobile Web costs $6/month.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'm happy! ATT/680
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    It worked only one here in Italy. Most of the time it give error after trying to connect to the internet, giving "random" number as error.
    Sometime it says it could not find the location.
    Well, I tried it on my 650 using Rogers GPRS - I got within a few metres of my location at Pearson airport. I tried it again when I landed in Jamaica, and it worked roaming on Rogers via Cable and Wireless Ja. Got me to within a couple 100 metres of Norman Manley Airport, Kingston. I'll try it again using a local Jamaican provider for internet, but so far this is pretty awesome. The directions and routing from the location worked in Toronto as well.
    does this program also work with GPS in the event you are not near cel towers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    does this program also work with GPS in the event you are not near cel towers?
    No, use Where Am I? for that to get GPS data into Google Maps. Same idea as this one; you get a one-shot coordinate in.
    Well I kinda was hoping that maybe someone made this for CDMA.. I'd love to use a program like this!!

Does anyone or the OP know if this can be done for CDMA?
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    Tmo internet is a whole other ball of wax: costs $20/month, whereas T-Mobile Web costs $6/month.
    FYI -- I'm aware. I was on TMO web but proxies got blocked - went BB Unltd then TMO internet. TMO internet seems to connect better and faster - didn't know this til I switched.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    This sucks all us CDMA users are inquiring and no one is replying to us
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    This sucks all us CDMA users are inquiring and no one is replying to us
    no, no, no -- the PROPER way to canvas requests to people providing us with (basically) freeware is to grovel cravenly like a terrified dog, address them as if they were beings from a far-superior civilisation (they may well be) and to express utter amazement and gratitude that they have been generous enough to grace us, however briefly and sporadically, with their presence.
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRgEOff View Post
    no, no, no -- the PROPER way to canvas requests to people providing us with (basically) freeware is to grovel cravenly like a terrified dog, address them as if they were beings from a far-superior civilisation (they may well be) and to express utter amazement and gratitude that they have been generous enough to grace us, however briefly and sporadically, with their presence.
    Heh... Let the Grovelling Commence!
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tracerrx View Post
    Heh... Let the Grovelling Commence!
    "Give that man a prize!"
    geoff

Treo 650 1.20 LAP.
    I'm not trying to **** anyone's Cheerios, but I've been wondering this for some time:

What's the value of finding your location on a map within a mile or more? How is that useful?

Again, I'm just curious. Thanks.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast