Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

I am new to this forum but i've read the comments and i am impressed, you guys are rocks!!!!

I need some help and i've looked everywhere but nothing is similar or closest to my problem.

I have AT&T branded, unlocked treo 680. Works great when i got it. I use T-mobile.

The problems occurred after performing hard reset, such as

1. "Phone Off" message appear instead of "no service, SOS only" message (T-mobile sim card is inside)

2. wireless radio icon is not showing (T-mobile sim card is inside)

3. when you push the red button, the red LED become solid instead of blinking

4. no message basically saying the phone is locked to original carrier

5. Check the phone INFO, but all I got is this:

Number: phone is off
    IMEI: phone is off
    HS SN: PMWG47XXXXXX
    SA number: phone is off
    Firmware: phone is off
    Software: Treo680-2.11-ATT
    CC-CAP:ATT-ATT-001
    Carrier DB: 292
    Hardware: A

Now, I've done all the above with or without the sim card but it can not be solved.

Any of you guys know what is going on with this phone? I really need your help, please. I appreciate the help and thank you.
    Sounds like the sim card is defective. Try with another sim...
    People experience tells you that unlock is related to the phone part of the treo. Nothing to do with the palmos one. So performing hard reset, updating firmware, install applications doesn't change the lock/unlock state of the phone.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fasuin View Post
    Sounds like the sim card is defective. Try with another sim...
    People experience tells you that unlock is related to the phone part of the treo. Nothing to do with the palmos one. So performing hard reset, updating firmware, install applications doesn't change the lock/unlock state of the phone.
    Thx for the response!

My sim is not defective, i've tried with my wife sim card (t-mobile) and is not working either. I've used the simcard with another phone and it works.
    I have exactly the same problem!! Did you ever find a solution?
    I've got the same issue as well. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?