Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    OK, after a few years of relatively few problems with my 650, now it is really causing me trouble (battery dies quickly regardless of the battery, constant resets) and I think I have to replace it. Everyone seems to think the 755p is the best choice, though I was holding off mostly because I don't want to have to buy a damn miniSD card.

    At the risk of getting yelled at, I have backups of my entire 650 using BackUpBuddy, NAV, and BackUpMan and when I upgraded from the 600 I just did a full system restore onto my 650. I know that wasn't the most stable way to do it but I haven't ever been able to get my hotsync to work properly and I don't have copies of all my programs (and my reg codes especially) anywhere that I can find. Can I do this with the 755 or am I crazy? Any other suggestions? I know the "best" is to do one app at a time from a hotsync or whatever, but that isn't really an option. Can I beam things (assuming I'll still have the 650 to beam from)? Thanks!

    (By the way, any suggestions on getting the 755 for cheaper since I've been paying for the insurance for years and now the 650 is acting up? And, does it make more sense to do this all through retentions or whatever so I get a better plan at the same time? I'm on Sprint on an old plan and no contract right now.)
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  2. #2  
    It is best to gather the latest releases and then install them one at a time. Ben
  3.    #3  
    Any other help folks? If I hotsync from my 650 to my PC can I just resync to the 755 and everything will go onto the 755? Would that include hacks and sms messages?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  4. dump71's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #4  
    You could always try a full restore, hard reset if it doesn't work, and then take bclinger's advice. Maybe it will work and you won't have to.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    It is best to gather the latest releases and then install them one at a time. Ben
    Also, are "all" of your programs compatible with the 755p? Simply check the software programs website site and see - if not or if they have upgrades, then I would just load the apps that ARE compatible.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

    Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p
  6.    #6  
    I think I may not have been clear. My original question was whether using a program like NAV I could just restore my entire 650 onto a 755. I'm getting the sense that the answer is "no" correct?

    My follow up was how do people transfer all their programs and data (including SMS, calendar, etc.) from their old 650 to the new 755? Can I just hotsync to my PC from my 650 and then hotsync from my PC to the 755 and all the compatible programs and info will automatically move onto the 755 or do I have to somehow do it one by one trying to figure out what is compatible (and trying to find the original programs and purchase code numbers)???
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    I think I may not have been clear. My original question was whether using a program like NAV I could just restore my entire 650 onto a 755. I'm getting the sense that the answer is "no" correct?

    My follow up was how do people transfer all their programs and data (including SMS, calendar, etc.) from their old 650 to the new 755? Can I just hotsync to my PC from my 650 and then hotsync from my PC to the 755 and all the compatible programs and info will automatically move onto the 755 or do I have to somehow do it one by one trying to figure out what is compatible (and trying to find the original programs and purchase code numbers)???
    TreoGuy, here's what to do. First, before any hotsync, install the disk that came with the 755p. Hotsync when it tells you to. If any of your programs are not compatable with the 755 it will tell you, then it will tell you where in your Palm file they stored them. You don't want them anyway if they aren't compatable because that's what will crash your phone. Most likely everything you have will be included in what's transfered over. Mine just had really old unused programs that went into the file.

    By the way. If you still want to try an incompatable ap, the .prc will be in the incompatable file and you can install it then but do a complete backup before.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  8. #8  
    I need to do hardreset due to software conflicts. Is this the way do it or install one by one and will I have to reenter registration #. Also I have a lot of stuff installed how do you remember all of your programs installed?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by cscott44 View Post
    I need to do hardreset due to software conflicts. Is this the way do it or install one by one and will I have to reenter registration #. Also I have a lot of stuff installed how do you remember all of your programs installed?
    If you used NV Backup or another backup program, you can backup to a date before you had the conflicts and all programs should have the registration numbers there. If you didn't you ought to go the install one at a time route and backup each time so you will be able to restore should you have to. You will have to re-enter the registration numbers this way. I always email my private gmail account a copy of the email with my registration numbers. Great way to have them when you need them.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  10. #10  
    Thanks

Posting Permissions