Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I upgraded my unlocked 680 ROM (purchased unlocked from Palm) to 1.12 last night and am having the following problems:

1) Error from Blazer for any URL:

"Unknown Error. URL: http://mobile.palm.com/"

As reported here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&postcount=40

2) Only SIM contacts restored after resync:

As reported here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&postcount=49

3) No xfer of eWallet database

Anybody know the fixes or have other problems to report?
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I mentioned this on another thread, but if we're starting a new thread that lists the issues with the latest upgrade here goes:

Looks like 8G SD card users may not be able to use their cards following this update. My particular card has a "Transcend" brand.
    A fellow Treocentral forum member reminded me that Palm stated there was some work done to enable 4G SD cards in the upgrade. Perhaps those enhancements impacted the function of 8G cards.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla View Post
    I mentioned this on another thread, but if we're starting a new thread that lists the issues with the latest upgrade here goes:
    I just thought it would be helpful since the other thread has a lot of stuff related to the installation process in it.

A followup:

1) My contacts just required another sync to fix them.

2) Still no solution for the browser problems. I am running version 4.5.8 -- chankla, are you having any Blazer problems?

3) eWallet required a sync with a Windows machine (I had tried this from my Mac the first time around). I knew the eWallet software would only run under Windows, but I thought the database itself would be synchronized through the normal Mac hotsync process which wasn't the case. Live and learn, I guess.
    Last edited by work2fish; 01/18/2008 at 01:41 PM.
    Speed dials are gone.
    Again I say - I am glad I'm not going for this upgrade. Now that my 680 is finally loaded with everything I want, I am not gambling on this firmware upgrade. Battery life is quite acceptable, I have the power management right where I want it, and don't feel like spending hours and hours getting everything back on here. I guess it's just not for me. Not to mention all these horror stories! Good luck everyone!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Just recently, my windows laptop went belly-up and I've decided to go with a MAC - using missing sync. The install went smoothly; the syncing was problematic. In the past 2 days, I've had to hard reset my phone 3x and sync'd a couple of times. The reason, some apps would go on a continuous loop - tryda, ptunes. Some would cause a crash - datebk5, BT. On this last round, avantgo didn't install from the sync - but I hardly use it and decided to do away with it. All is finally well now!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Hi,
    I have always been able to send long sms messages (longer than 160 characters) or several sms's in one.
    Now I've just installed this firmware update, everything else seems to be working. When I try type an sms longer than 160 characters the treo doesn't let me?
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    Cheers
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulj View Post
    Hi,
    I have always been able to send long sms messages (longer than 160 characters) or several sms's in one.
    Now I've just installed this firmware update, everything else seems to be working. When I try type an sms longer than 160 characters the treo doesn't let me?
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Cheers

I just used it and was over 160 char - had no problems. It splits into 2 messages (as usual).
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    I had several problems with this upgrade--they should have advised people to first do a synch--The "restore" operation didn't work and I haven't had time to call Palm to see if they can tell me how to restore it. I was able to restore Contacts Plus and Passwords Plus by doing a synch using "Desktop overwrites Handheld"--howver--I still have this problem as quoted before--haven't had time to call Palm-any ideas? Interestingly, the 'My Palm' automated query worked fine--it successfully does logon to GPRS but no URLs work.- Ideas?
    [
    QUOTE=work2fish;1399653]I upgraded my unlocked 680 ROM (purchased unlocked from Palm) to 1.12 last night and am having the following problems:

1) Error from Blazer for any URL:

"Unknown Error. URL: http://mobile.palm.com/"
    I seem to have lost 20mb of memory since performing the update. Does it leave temp files which can be removed?
    On my unlocked and unbranded Treo 680 I cannot connect to WAP pages anymore after the update.
    The error message: "Could not connect to the specified proxy."

All the settings seem to be ok.

really strange....
    May be a proxy failure.
    My T680 is working right now using exacly the same configuration as before.
    Have you checked the network preferences? May be they went back to another APN configuration (i.e., not the wap one...).
    Thank you for your answer Fasuin. The network settings are ok. I talked to my mobile network provider e-plus in Germany. They in insist they did not change anything in their proxy setup. It seems that the proxy refuses to talk to my updatetd blazer.
    I Did the Upgrade the day after it came out, I First used NVbackup to backup my 680 then followed the instructions on the palm site and performed the Upgrade. I didnt pay any attention to how long it took (I was in the middle of a Poker game) I Guess aroung 25 min's. Restored again using NVbackup And Everythin works great , I've had NO issues and The Battery Life is Now Incredible, I used to need to recharge around 5-6 in the afternoon. Took it off the charger at 6:30am yesterday and as of right Now (26 1/2 hours later I've still got 24% battery. We have 5 Other 680's in our organization and most if not ALL problems that have come up were directly related to other software that was loaded on them. occasionally you may find two packages that will at time conflict with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    Thank you for your answer Fasuin. The network settings are ok. I talked to my mobile network provider e-plus in Germany. They in insist they did not change anything in their proxy setup. It seems that the proxy refuses to talk to my updatetd blazer.
    Wow! Seems hard to fix it...
    Have you tried with operamini [proxy settings are in the java preferences if I remember correctly]? If it doesn't work with opera either, then it must be a network problem.
    If it works with opera, then it's a blazer issue. I'd suggest trying after an hard reset... When I upgraded I did a restore using nvbackup, but avoiding to restore blazer cache/config/etc files...
    I tried Opera Mini. I can load the WAP homepage from my provider. BUT the most important feature is the wap webmailer interface, which does not load with opera mini.

I also tried a hard reset. Even on a clean system I get

"Could not connect to the specified proxy."

with Blazer.

*grrrrrr*
    Then it's a blazer-proxy problem. I checked it again, and I was able to see this thread using my T680 via WAP configuration.
    I simply went to the prefs -> advanced -> Set proxy -> Use custom proxy
    and entered the IPort setting for my mobile provider. Then changed the APN to the WAP one, and it simply worked
    Have you tried http and https connections?
    Sorry, no idea other then suggesting to double check the proxy and APN settings... (212.23.97.9:8080 as far as my german goes )
    I suspect the network settings have gotten changed.. You might turn off the phone, delete the Network Prefs, then turn the phone back on. That should restore them to the defaults from the SIM card.
    Thank you for bothering with my problem, Fasuin. I think you are 100% right it is a blazer-proxy problem. The settings you suggested are exactly what I used and what worked until the update.
    Hello khaytsus, I do not think my problem lies in the network settings, because I get connected with opera mini. But not with Blazer.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast