Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I searched the forums, but didn't see a post on this. Anybody else having a problem with the keyboard backlight staying on after the screen turns off (ie without hitting the end button)? It will turn off when I hit the end button. I do run Godlink.

I noticed it with the custom rom and the official unlocked release.

I'm wondering how much of the extra battery life is being consumed with this.
    It took me three tries to get the update installed. After the first two failed, I hard reset my 680 and tried again. The update installed successfully, but I am not happy with it.

My battery life stinks. Pre-update I could get a full day without needing a recharge. Now, I cannot make it past 2:00 PM without needing a charge.

Most of my outgoing calls now have a rather loud echo.

I should have saved the old ROM before updating so I could go back to it.
    Running on UK T Mobile, and have installed update without any problems. Treo seems to run a little faster (especially MMS) and have had no problems with Blazer, MMS or SMS....battery life seems unchanged tho...

Still lags...not too annoying tho?

d
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    Try this hybrid ROM (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=159784) which is a combination of the 1.12 firmware and 1.04 ROM. I don't think you will regret it.
    My 680 is Rogers LOCKED. The updated is for unlocked GSM. Will writing it over a LOCKED configuration not brick the 680? Will it be unlocked afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by tripplec View Post
    Will it be unlocked afterwards?
    No.
    AT&T 8925 + 8GB MicroSDHC + Jabra BT8040

Copper TREO 680 + 16GB SDHC + Holux M1000B + Palm BT Keyboard + Motorola S9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobco View Post
    I searched the forums, but didn't see a post on this. Anybody else having a problem with the keyboard backlight staying on after the screen turns off (ie without hitting the end button)? It will turn off when I hit the end button. I do run Godlink.

I noticed it with the custom rom and the official unlocked release.

I'm wondering how much of the extra battery life is being consumed with this.
    Yes.. mine does the same when it is on the cradle and screen off automatically.
    But the error resolve when i turn off the screen with the power button (red button)
    I had some problems with the new firmware. I had to reformate the 680 to accept the upgrade/new firmware. U need the sim card in place to upgrade. backup all your date to the computer as much was lost in the process....however the battery life was much better so i guess it was worth it since i don't need my extended battery now..
    There were some posts about this earlier, but I wanted to know the latest.

Is anyone able to use SAG with the 1.12 updates, official or custom?
    At first I just had an issue where AVRCP wasn't enabled, but after experimenting with different betas and the released version, I gave up, as the resets weren't worth the bother.

I'll ask Softick again and they'll probably come back with a new beta, but I figured there must be somebody who has this working.
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisl View Post
    There were some posts about this earlier, but I wanted to know the latest.

Is anyone able to use SAG with the 1.12 updates, official or custom?
    At first I just had an issue where AVRCP wasn't enabled, but after experimenting with different betas and the released version, I gave up, as the resets weren't worth the bother.

I'll ask Softick again and they'll probably come back with a new beta, but I figured there must be somebody who has this working.
    My solution to SAG and GPS problems is a hybrid ROM. Check this out (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?t=159784).
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledragon View Post
    My solution to SAG and GPS problems is a hybrid ROM. Check this out (http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh....php?t=159784).
    Thanks, I did notice this. It definitely is an option, but before I take that step, I wanted to hear from other SAG users.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I've read this thread with interest. So far (after updating on Saturday), I haven't noticed any major problems. But then again, I haven't noticed any great benefits either. I was never one plagued with "lags", etc., and I'm not a huge "ring tone" person, so I really just did the update to see if it would help my battery life.

Before the update, my battery life was horrid, and I was suspecting a bad battery. I do think that still might be the case. After the update, my phone will charge to green light status, but as soon as I unplug it it drops to 87%. So, I'm thinking really there IS something wrong with the battery, but I'm going to try the cradle reset someone else suggested after the battery runs out this time.

As for echoing calls, I've not noticed that.

All of the programs I use worked fine after the update, except I had to reinstall the Intellisync Mobile Suite Sync Client, because clicking the 'Sync" button would do nothing. After a reinstall of that though it worked fine. Also I had to reinstall the Java stuff as mentioned in another thread. And finally, during restore I had to exclude all of the "PACE" related files, because trying to restore those caused the phone to reset during the restore. Excluding those allowed me to restore everything. Here's what I've got, and that seems to work as designed:

Agendus Pro
    DVD in One
    eReader
    Google Maps
    Intelliswim
    Intellisync
    Mobipocket Reader
    netclock
    PalmVNC
    pssh
    ptelnet *
    PTunes (4.06)
    SlingPlayer
    SMPro
    Sudoku
    SyncMail
    Textras
    VFSBackup
    WWCalc
    Yanoff
    Your Call Pro

* as for ptelnet - it's not really been "working" for some time, and I need to see if there is some update for it. It will "connect" (and most of the time that's all I'm trying to do to verify that some mail server, etc. is running), but it doesn't seem to accept any keyboard input any longer. But this precedes the ROM update.

I need to find a new chat program - looking at some of the "Verichat is dead" threads for ideas <g>.

Anyway, I don't see any "problems" with my phone yet.

Danita
    Quote Originally Posted by enotar View Post
    I was thinking it was just my Treo

Tkz to confirm

enotar
    Same here
    Just to get it recorded here, my Treo 680 failed to work as a DUN modem by bluetooth, and couldn't connect to PathAway since the update, as mentioned here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=161087
    I am also experiencing many resets. After about 50% of the resets, the Treo will lock hard when the set time dialog appears.

I also started having reset issues when I tried opening a MMS message. Per another thread, I deleted the messages pdb and now I'm waiting to see if that fixes that issue.

- Dave
    I was unable to reliably make calls with my 680 in an Acura RDX using their "Handsfree Link". The calls would always drop when the call was answered. With the ROM update, I can now use it without problems! It auto connects when I start the car, and properly disconnects after leaving (it used to think it was connected for the first call after turning off the car). I haven't had any problems with reloaded software also.
    I'm overall quite pleased!
    Just to update the issue I brought up: the latest version of SAG, 1.20, has been working quite well on my 680 with the FW1.91/ATT2.11 update.
    I've used it a couple of days now, and haven't had any lockups or resets.

This version seems the most successful to date at resuming the audio stream after an incoming phone call. Strangely, the calls come through the treo until I manually switch them over, but that may be an issue with my headset (the Jabra BT8010) rather than SAG. And the AVCRCP functions are working again. (Although this headset implements that only partially, as there is a pause/play and next function, but no Previous function.)
    I'm getting frequent resets and freezes after upgrading FW 1.12 as well - my phone has become totally unreliable.

What is the recourse with Palm? Has anyone had any luck with Palm Support to solve the issue(s)?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with Palm Support to solve the issue(s)?
    When I contacted them, they say it was my fault because my equipment was brought in Mexico, and they didn't have problems with US treos
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Typical OEM cop-out response. I also notice that Rogers does NOT list the update as available on their site. Only on Palms site. Therefore if we update and it don't work they'll just say we did not approve or provide it for you on our site. Hmmm
    As an update: I upgraded my Mexico-bought Treo 680 to the recently published spanish version 1.12, but my problems stayed the same.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234