Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chankla View Post
    I mentioned this on another thread, but if we're starting a new thread that lists the issues with the latest upgrade here goes:

Looks like 8G SD card users may not be able to use their cards following this update. My particular card has a "Transcend" brand.
    A fellow Treocentral forum member reminded me that Palm stated there was some work done to enable 4G SD cards in the upgrade. Perhaps those enhancements impacted the function of 8G cards.
    I hope you have you card working again? I updated last night and my Transcend 8GB card is working just as usual. I had problems using HotSync after the update because it would hang saying something was missing from AudibleAir and stop. So I just did a restore from my backup and then Hotsynched and it went smoothly. So far, nothing is missing and everything looks normal.
    Are there any other 8gb SDHC users out there who can say that their 8gb sdhc cards work or that they are now having some sort of difficulty?

I am waiting to upgrade after reading about THIS issues.
    (I currently use an 8gb SDHC card but am planning to get an 16gb once transcend releases one...)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Since the update, my Adata 8GB SD card has been acting strangely, all via Pocket Tunes:

1) Keep getting "file missing" errors, even when the mp3 is still there on the card.
    2) Attempting to create a new playlist with all tracks from my Audio directory (using the "select all" button) results in a crash and reset.

Between this, the Audio Gateway problems and the SMS character limit issue, I'm thinking about rolling back to the 1.04...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    try Norton Disk Doctor... I think there are fragmented. lost chains etc in your SD Card.

Happened to me often.

GAP
    Mine has problem after the update too

- Blazer occasionally stucked when opening more than 2.4KB size of page

- SMS limited to 160
    Batt Life slightly better thou
    Quote Originally Posted by esatyawan View Post
    Mine has problem after the update too

- Blazer occasionally stucked when opening more than 2.4KB size of page

- SMS limited to 160
    can u describe more on the stucked issue?
    on mine, any data connection can cause the phone's radio to die...
    it doesnt occur as often with this rom update now... but still major annoying though...
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    What the heck?? I now can't get into HourlyXcast, or Gmail!! HELP!! I am a low techie. I have had 7 resets since I did the upgrade!! WT Heck!!!
    "Actions speak louder than words!"

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I can't use Blazer at all. All my bookmarked sites give me an error. Says Page cannot be displayed. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this??? HELP!

REX >Palm III > Palm IIIc > Palm V> Palm m505 >Kyo 7135> Treo 650> ARTIC Treo 680> and finally to the Centro!!!
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shucks View Post
    I can't use Blazer at all. All my bookmarked sites give me an error. Says Page cannot be displayed. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this??? HELP!
    I am still having this problem as well. Yesterday, I tried a hard reset (did not sync afterwards) and the problem was still there so I don't think it is related to 3rd party software. My other GPRS connections such as email seem to work fine so I don't think it is a network config issue. Maybe it has something to do with proxy settings?

Has Blazer worked for anybody after the update?

Cheers,
    Mike
    Blazer has been working perfectly for me after the update. I have an unlocked/unbranded Treo 680 on T-Mobile.
    Frank
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    It is now working. I had to delete all the java apps and java. Resync everything. I went into prefs and conected..

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Sorry, I hadn't checked in for a couple of days.
    I still haven't been able to get my SDHC card sorted out.
    It almost is acting as if the card has a problem.
    When I try to format it on my PC or on the Treo, it only sees 4GB.
    CardExport, when connected to the PC, does see 8GB, but when I write beyond the 4GB barrier, things get scrambled (the directory shows gibberish).

Seems also to be sensitive as to where I format it. When formatted on PC and inserted to Treo, it hangs the Treo.

...haven't figured this one out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by msweet View Post
    Speed dials are gone.
    same here
    Hi, I need help with the non-working Blazer settings. I confess I am less technical than many of the people on this discussion.
    Can someone give me step by step instructions on all the possible fixes to the browser issue?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    yea, now for some reason my blazer isn't working again.. weird!!

no problems with blazer. had to recreate speed dials.
    Only problem I had was Gmail and Java caused resets. Uninstalled the Java Virtual Machine and fresh installed it, and all good. No other problems.
    m505>Treo 650> Unlocked Unbranded Arctic Treo 680
    Treo 680 Crimson for the wife
    I have had the same data connection issue. Here's what I've found that has me baffled.

After the Palm update and then the James update, everything worked. I restored with BackupMan, excluding the Carrierprofiles2 and Networkprofiles2 files. VersaMail, xWeather, and Blazer all had no problem downloading data as they always have.

I did a Hotsync after this and then couldn't connect to anything. I did a hard reset, restored again, excluded the files again. All worked just fine. This time I went into my Hotsync Manager and made sure the phone was overwriting the computer so it wouldn't somehow re-establish old files. Same thing as before - nothing worked.

So, just for kicks, I go and restore Networkprofiles2 only. Now VersaMail and xWeather jump on lightning quick and update as fast as they ever have. I'm thinking I'm a genius and go to Blazer expecting it, too, to work fine. No such luck. Now I have all but Blazer going.

Soooo, I figure if Networkprofiles2 got stuff to work, maybe Carrierprofiles2 will as well. I restore that file only. xWeather still loads super fast. VersaMail loads super fast. And ..... Blazer still does nothing. Except it does! Half of my bookmarked sites work just fine, half say they can't connect. Now THAT'S weird! Turn the phone off, turn the phone on, and now everything works.

Wacky. I guess the lesson for folks still having trouble is to NOT exclude those two files if you're doing a JamesG update.

Hope that helps someone!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast