Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    So, I had been having resets from time to time over the past year but nothing that was too awful. However, suddenly in the last few days while I'm on a call and the battery shows as much as 60% or even more charged at the time it suddenly gives me a low battery warning and within a minute or so just shuts off (resets). I swapped out my battery for another to see if it was that, but it did it again. This has now been happening the last few days. I haven't put in any new software. I also went to run MinutesPlus to see how many minutes I have left this month and it caused a reset and a #377 comes up with unknown application caueing the following:

    VFSDBCache.c, Line:9049, failed to create/open dbcache reserve file

    Is it time for a new Treo? I have tons of stuff on my 650 but I don't use Versamail or Chatter or any of the usual culprits. And like I said I haven't made any changes to it recently that I can recall. Help! Please.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  2. #2  
    well, hard reset and then careful reinstallments of your programs one by one. tedious, but that's the way to go after what you have described. if the problem remains before you start reinstalling your software, then it could be hardware. i dont know any short cut.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    well, hard reset and then careful reinstallments of your programs one by one. tedious, but that's the way to go after what you have described. if the problem remains before you start reinstalling your software, then it could be hardware. i dont know any short cut.
    What jinx said !!

    This is described as a clean install:

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=5

    Cheers, Perry.
  4.    #4  
    I've had the 650 for years and I don't have copies of all the programs anymore (hotsync was causing troubles a year or so back so I haven't hotsync'ed in a while). I notice that it loses battery power while I'm on a call very very very quickly, as it just went from 75% down to 4% in a matter of minutes. Then when I hang up it slowly gains battery strength again but not nearly as much as when it began. Could this be a battery issue? I tried another battery I had but it seemed to do the same. I really have no way to delete everything and go one by one here.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  5. #5  
    Got the monthly insurance?

    Of course, that will require a new install onto a new device.

    What you describe is very weird, it sounds like a fault in the battery circuitry.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    Got the monthly insurance?

    Of course, that will require a new install onto a new device.

    What you describe is very weird, it sounds like a fault in the battery circuitry.
    I do have the insurance, and the Sprint guy told me it would cost me $50 and the insurance company would send the closest refurb they have but they don't have 650's anymore. So, does that mean I'll end up with a 700p and if so can I do a restore from a backup from my SD card instead of installing each program? UGH!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  7. #7  
    treoguy, do you use the treo in a very cold environment? if thats the case, then it could explain your battery behaviour.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy View Post
    I do have the insurance, and the Sprint guy told me it would cost me $50 and the insurance company would send the closest refurb they have but they don't have 650's anymore. So, does that mean I'll end up with a 700p and if so can I do a restore from a backup from my SD card instead of installing each program? UGH!
    You can try that, but if it starts acting up . . . you will have to go the clean install route. Sorry.

    I would refuse the 700p. It was a troubled device. If they can't give you a 650 they need to give you a Centro or 755p but do not accept a 700p. But then you still have the clean install issue.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/19/2008 at 07:50 PM.

Posting Permissions