1.    #1  
    Just wondering if there is anyway to view xls spreadsheets, so that I can email them from my 650?

MightyTriby
    There are a few applications that give you the ability to edit Excel files; those include Documents to Go, Mobile Systems, and a couple of others out there. Documents to Go is probably the easiest to use. As a note, they all require gobbs of RAM.

Ben
    Last edited by bclinger; 01/17/2008 at 10:57 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks bclinger,

RAM? I want to download excel spreadsheets onto my Treo, and then email them from my Treo.

RAM is only needed on computers. I will download the excel files onto my SD Card via the Instal Tool.

Any freeware applications?

Regards
    MightyTriby
    Your device has RAM and ROM - your 3rd party applications live in RAM, those that come with the device and are pre-installed are in ROM. The Treo is a computer. Anyway, I did some Googling not too long ago looking for a free Excel type application and found none. I did recently find this though: http://freeware-palm.com/download-express-sheet.html - have not given it a try yet.
    Let's back up a bit - the file is no longer available for download.

Ben
  6.    #6  
    Thanks bclinger,

I get what you mean.

That site is only for trial versions of all the software , I'll look around and see if anything else comes up elsewhere.

Thanks
    MightyTriby
    Your installation CD that came with the treo should have Documents to Go on it so that you can install it on the Treo. You can choose with docs you want to work with - Word, Excel or Power Point, it does them all.
    I've used Quickoffice for years now. IMO, much faster with less bloat than Documents To Go. Can email from program, and your excel attachments will open with this. Just keep in mind, any Palm OS app will require some sort of conversion if your going to edit them. This is done by Quickoffice when you open the attachment. Not free, but well worth what you pay for it.
    Instantwill, almost as good as fresh brewed!
    My smartphone's not so smart...
    Moto ST7790I>>Moto T720>>Moto v265>>Moto v710>> Moto e815>>Moto e816(Alltel 05.05.03 Flash)
    Handspring Visor Edge>>Palm Zire 71>> Palm Zire 72>> Palm Treo 650>> Treo 700wx (with threaded sms & mms)>> Treo 700p>> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by bclinger View Post
    There are a few applications that give you the ability to edit Excel files; those include Documents to Go, Mobile Systems, and a couple of others out there. Documents to Go is probably the easiest to use. As a note, they all require gobbs of RAM.

Ben
    Using Documents to Go doesn't put the original XLS file onto your Treo - it creates a PDB file with the same information as the XLS.

If you really want to email the original XLS, you can put it onto the SD card manually (i.e. insert your SD card into the SD reader on your computer, then re-install it in the Treo), and attach the XLS to an outgoing message.

JAC
    We are aware that the XLS file has to be on the card. Where are you coming from? I came from the fact that none of the good applications are small in size and that on some devices, especially a 650, they can be "too" large to use routinely, even with a 3rd party launcher.

Ben
    The current release of QuickOffice does not open up 2 Excel files I routinely use; DTG and Office Suite do.

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Instantwill View Post
    I've used Quickoffice for years now. IMO, much faster with less bloat than Documents To Go. Can email from program, and your excel attachments will open with this. Just keep in mind, any Palm OS app will require some sort of conversion if your going to edit them. This is done by Quickoffice when you open the attachment. Not free, but well worth what you pay for it.