1.    #1  
    I am with Verizon. I recently got a hand-me-down Palm Treo 600. I just want to use it for a couple weeks and get a basic feel for the OS.

Well come february I will be getting a Tax Return and I want to upgrade to a current model.

Here is my dilemma...I am not sure if I should go with a 700p or a 755p.

Any advice?

Verizon Wireless remember.
    Don't even think about the 700 unless it's free. That's my advise. Read the boards here and you'll figure out why.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    I am sorry. I am new to the whole Palm thing.

I don't use email so that won't be any issue for me.

Can someone give me advice and downpoints on the devices?

I mean I have heard bad about both devices.
    A bit of reading will get you an answer. Ben
  5.    #5  
    I have been reading. The 700p seems to have bluetooth and dusty screen issues?

And the 755p freezes up but is snappier?

At least that is what I read....

They claim the 755p is the choice to go with..
  6.    #6  
    I think I want to go with the 700p...it looks nicer....I actually LIKE the big antennae...but idk
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    In a nutshell, the 700p is notorious for being generally slow and unstable. If I was you I'd avoid the 700p like a plague.

Yes, I have owned, and used a 700p
  8.    #8  
    So I should definetely try to get the 755p?
    Justin,

I would definitely recommend the 755p over the 700. However, you also might want to look at the Centro. It basically has the same functionality as the 755p, but is a lot cheaper. If you can handle the smaller keys and having to take off the battery door to get to your expansion card, then this would be the way to go.

Stu
    This one is a no brainer. 755

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinH1991 View Post

Havn't heard about the freezing issue on the 755p. Mine has been flawless except lag going in and out of Blazer on occassion. It seems that the Centro hardware and software have been optimized for each other.
    Either (755p or Centro) would be a good choice.
  13.    #13  
    I am with Verizon and do not plan to switch to Sprint so I am limited to the 700p, 700wx or the 755p...I forgot to ask about the 700wx..
    755. I have not had a single reset at any time with this phone. Very stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinH1991 View Post

3rd party apps make the phones freeze. Not that you can't install 3rd party applications, just some trigger resets. I have a Treo 755p and besides on program that keeps bugging me, I don't have any resets at all. I'd definitely recommend the 755p over the 700p. I wouldn't even look at the Centro considering its poor battery life if you use your data connection a lot.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  16.    #16  
    Again, I do not plan on looking at the Centro unless it comes to Verizon in the next couple weeks.

Anyone here use the 700wx and have an opinion on that phone as well???
    You might ask malatesta. I think he uses or used a 700wx. I believe I heard that the phone was also very stable and responsive.
    One drawback would be the 240 x 240 res screen.