1.    #1  
    Hi everyone, I'm new to treocentral and am about to purchase an Alltel 755p. I'm hoping that you all can help me out with something.

I want this battery and the write up on it says that "theoretically" it fits just as the OEM does...but since there have been some complaints they provide an additional battery door with the order. The problem is that despite the fact that Alltel carried this device LOONG before Verizon did, they do not offer the battery door in black...only burgundy, blue and green.

So does anyone here have an Alltel 755p and this battery? If so does the OEM door fit properly over this extended battery or will I have to resort to spray painting the packaged door?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi Ohappydaye,

I'm sort of in the same boat. My 755p isn't from Alltel, but it's black. Mine is from a mobile company called CLARO (Puerto Rico). It even has the same software name under Phone Info as the Alltel's. So I guess all Alltel and international 755's that aren't from big-a$$ carriers like Verizon, Sprint, etc. are black.

I bought a Seidio 2100 a while ago (I think they weren't offering a Seidio battery door with it then) and had to do some hard and soft sanding to the original battery cover in order to get it to close "properly" ... even with that, it doesn't close perfectly. My guess is that the 2200 must be, at least, a tiiiiiny little bit bigger than the 2100. And that's why the are offering it with a free Seidio battery cover.

Anyway, I sent an email to them a couple weeks back regarding the issue because I'm willing to buy another battery (the 2200) if they are going to work with black 755p's. I recieved a message few days later where they said nothing. Basically that they were fowarding my comments to their technical guys and they would answer my questions. Couple weeks later, I'm still waiting for them ...
    Last edited by Cheker; 01/17/2008 at 08:39 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Well, they at least replied to my email, but seemed annoyed about it. The first time they simply replied that they do not carry the black door...so I followed up once again and this was what I received...QUITE disappointing.

Again, we want to thank you for your inquiry at Seidioonline. Currently we are not looking into providing that black door. Check back with us in about 3-4 weeks to see if we have changed out minds. We are so sorry for the inconvenience.

Your business and continued satisfaction is of great importance to us here at Seidioonline Customer Service, so feel free to contact us at (832) 204-1118 with any questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Seidioonline Customer Service
    I'm on Sprint with the 2200mAh and my stock door. The back fits very snug and the release button does not come all the way back up. However, the door is secure and and has never popped off. Visually, the door appears to fit perfectly.

If you want to know for sure. . .could you order the battery, take it to an Alltel store. . . try it in a display model and see what you think. . . if you are not happy . . . . return the battery?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden View Post
    I'm on Sprint with the 2200mAh and my stock door. The back fits very snug and the release button does not come all the way back up. However, the door is secure and and has never popped off. Visually, the door appears to fit perfectly.

If you want to know for sure. . .could you order the battery, take it to an Alltel store. . . try it in a display model and see what you think. . . if you are not happy . . . . return the battery?
    Well that's a very good idea Perry! lol Don't know why I didn't think of that myself. I'm going to go buy my 755p on tomorrow so I'll just order it (the battery), try it out on my own device and see how it goes. I'll be crossing my fingers.

Thanks for the input and the advice...consider this my "DOH" moment for the week.

...I'd better check Seidio's return policy though.
    OHD glad to see you are getting ready to pull the trigger! I got one of the first 2100 mAh batteries and mine fits just fine. Not sure how the 2200 mAh will fit. Depending on the case you use, the back can be completely covered by the case even if you had to use another color. I have the 3200mAH battery as well, and I do love the extra mileage I get. The hump on the back makes it easier to hold. You can also get a case that would cover the color up for that as well.
    I second the 3200 battery. Best extended battery there is. The extended battery door isn't that much bigger and you get way more battery power.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    OHD glad to see you are getting ready to pull the trigger! I got one of the first 2100 mAh batteries and mine fits just fine. Not sure how the 2200 mAh will fit. Depending on the case you use, the back can be completely covered by the case even if you had to use another color. I have the 3200mAH battery as well, and I do love the extra mileage I get. The hump on the back makes it easier to hold. You can also get a case that would cover the color up for that as well.

Thanks Cathearder! Yea, I'm getting pretty anxious!! Good idea about the case, hadn't thought about that. I was all prepared to break out the spray paint and get a craft activity going!

Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    I second the 3200 battery. Best extended battery there is. The extended battery door isn't that much bigger and you get way more battery power.
    Thanks for the tip about the batteries you two, most apprecited! I've been reading where others feel that "bump" from the extended battery door makes it easier for many others to hold as well. It makes sense.

I'm going to try out the regular battery this weekend and see how it stands up to my usage and then decide which Seidio battery I will use.

Thanks again all!
    Remember OHD that all batteries improve with conditioning. It takes a few cycles to see how they will work out.
  10.    #10  
    Remember OHD that all batteries improve with conditioning. It takes a few cycles to see how they will work out.
    This is true...perhaps I should remember that ..."Patience is a virtue!"

Oh btw, placed my order today and it's being overnighted!! w00t w00t!
    The waiting is the best/worst part. Can't wait till you get it!
  12.    #12  
    The waiting is the best/worst part. Can't wait till you get it!
    Waiting is KILLING me! So I'm over here shopping for accessories, mods and apps.
    Been there, done that lol. It is fun to look at all that stuff. Anticipation...
  14.    #14  
    Yes, Anticipation.... it makes for a healthy credit card bill! lol
    Yep. There are so many apps and accessories it can be mind boggling. Fortunately you have a good base from your TX. One thing I do recommend is a new stylus. I got this one in pink to go with my burgundy Treo 755p, and like it much better than the OEM stylus.
    http://store.treocentral.com/smartph...16A44A1408.htm
  16.    #16  
    Thanks for the advice. I want the 3 pack in pink. Wish they sold them in green as well.

May I ask, what is it you dislike about the OEM stylus?
    The OEM stylus felt flimsy to me. It is very lightweight and I am used to a heavier stylus from the TX. I got the pink and I like them a lot. They look great with my burgundy Treo, and fit as if they are OEM.
  18.    #18  
    Ahh, I see. Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately my 755p did not arrive today and I can't get anyone on the phone to get further information. I'm holding out hope that it will be delivered on Monday via FedEx or some other courier that doesn't necessarily observe federal and state holidays.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!
    I definitely will keep my fingers and toes crossed too! I ordered my treo the first day it was for sale from Sprint, and it took mine a few days longer that others who ordered that day to get it. I remember what the wait was like and I feel for you. When it comes it is all worth it though.