1.    #1  
    I try to keep my Prism ncie and tidy. Every once in while I go in an delete things that are too large or I ones that i have not used for some time.

What are the following and can I delete them?

Capture Lib C
    libmal
    LIBMAL is part of AvantGo (and possibly Vindigo). I'm not sure what the other one is.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I don't have Capture Lib C on mine...so, go ahead and delete it from yours
    Are we sure that libmal is just for Avantgo and Vindigo? I've used Avantgo in the past, but still have libmal taking up 121k of my space. Some others I have questions about are:
    • NSBasic
    • PageMgr
    • Sat. Forms SE RDK...
    • SF-SE_SysHeap
    • SFE_PocketUtils
    • SFE_SFDateBook
    • SFE_Slider
    • SFE_Strings
    • SFE_Tabs

Any help you can give me will be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    HRdude

"There's no birthday party for me here!"
    Do you/have you ever had an app with the initials SFE? I use ListMaker and all of the data files start with the initials LM.
    Originally posted by K. Cannon
    I don't have Capture Lib C on mine...so, go ahead and delete it from yours
    That's a big assumption. The person may have programs that may need that file. By you telling him/her to do it, he/she may screw up their machine.

Be careful with this advice.
    Originally posted by HRdude
    Are we sure that libmal is just for Avantgo and Vindigo
    Libmal is used just for Avantgo (maybe vindigo too). It's one of the files that gets installed when you setup avantgo. You have to manually delete it when you delete avantgo.
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

That's a big assumption. The person may have programs that may need that file. By you telling him/her to do it, he/she may screw up their machine.

Be careful with this advice.
    Hence the "big grin" smiley face at the end of my post. I've seen creole's postings before and knew that he would not be so silly as to take my advice literally. I probably wouldn't have posted that response to someone whose handle I did not recognize.
    Originally posted by K. Cannon

Hence the "big grin" smiley face at the end of my post. I've seen creole's postings before and knew that he would not be so silly as to take my advice literally. I probably wouldn't have posted that response to someone whose handle I did not recognize.
    So sorry, I couldn't read your mind. Remember, other people read these posts looking for answers to related problems they may be having. They may not be aware of your intensions and may take you seriously, smiley face or not. Sorry if I offended you.
    Originally posted by smittyofdhs

So sorry, I couldn't read your mind. Remember, other people read these posts looking for answers to related problems they may be having. They may not be aware of your intensions and may take you seriously, smiley face or not. Sorry if I offended you.
    Not at all!! You're right--I forgot about those who might not be familiar with my smart a** ways!

I'll make it more obvious next time (I would say, I won't do it again, but I know myself too well ) Thanks for the reminder!
    I, too, was wondering which file(s) belong to which app(s). Since I purchased InWatch (www.stacworks.com), managing that task had been much easier. Give it a try. (No, I don't work for StacWorks, just a happy customer).
    I think the following but I may be incorrect.

nsbasic is a basic program required by some games.
    pagemgr is from a printing utility Printboy? Do you use it?
    the SF files may be from the same printing program. I would check the creator ID to see if it looks familiar or they are from the same creator

Clark
    "We are the people are parents warned us about."

<b>Clark Fralick</b>
    I believe all the ones that have SF belong to satellite forms.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
  14.    #14  
    don't worry, I would NEVER take K. Cannon's advice seriously...

Originally posted by creole
    don't worry, I would NEVER take K. Cannon's advice seriously...

Ouch! You musta read my favorite movie and/or music lists!
    Duplicate post.