Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Has anybody tried the posted for centro Versamail update on treo 755p
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...m4updater.html
    I've downloaded it to PC moved to SD card and run the installer - it seems to work!!!!
    I have installed it on 2 755's and both seem to be working fine. They both only use EAS so I can't vouch for any of the other features. I am just glad to finally have a vibrate feature for versamail.
    GMail imap seems to work fine so far. What I wonder is if they fixed the bug with EAS and versamail forgetting your login password... This is what kept me from originally using Versamail, it kept forgetting my password so I had to manually enter the damn thing all the time.

Too bad they didn't add hotmail support.
    It works great on my 755, with my EAS account.
    Matty
    Yeah, I can finally use Gmail IMAP now. This is great. Now if they will add HTML support........
    Matty
    I just want them to add hotmail support so I'm no longer reliant on sprint mobile email at all!
    On the centro's versamail it has the option for html .. I haven't had a big chance to play with it to see exactly how it works but I don't have that on my 755 even though the versions match the centro.
    Sorry for the ignorance but what is EAS? Does it allow us to save messages in a card now? That would be my final deciding factor in going back to versamail.
    Exchange Active Sync. It's an always connected email delivery service. It syncs your email/contacts/calender all synced with a server 100% of the time. The second an email hits your server its on your phone at the same time give or take a few seconds. Its the best thing in email. Its one step above IMAP with IDLE.
    It looks like HTML view mode works. I got an html email from Sprint through GMail imap and it displays correctly (aside from the images being blocked due to not adding the sender to the safe list).
    I don't even see the option on my 755p like I did on the centro.
    Options>Preferences>Incoming
    yup don't see it, are you using a centro or a 755p?
    755p. I am looking in the Options for my Gmail IMAP account though, not EAS. I didn't try out EAS yet.
    ahh yeah that could be it... the account on the centro was a yahoo plus account that I set up for a friend so that could mean the difference. I only use EAS so thats most likely why its not there.
    Just out of curiosity is it an exchange 2003 account? Wondering if it removes the option unless it's exchange 2007 or something like that.
    I didn't do the upgrade. I have a 755p. I have an IMAP account (not Gmail). I have the option to have messages formatted in HTML. HTML works.

Am I missing something in this conversation?
    Supposedly EAS on the upgraded Versamail doesn't have the option for HTML emails.
    EAS does not have HTML option. That has been the case for awhile now. I wish it would. POP and IMAP accounts will have the HTML option.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast