Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    link didn't show up.
    incoming: port 993 ssl on
    outgoing: port 465 ssl on-login on
    in preferences set the root folder to [Gmail]/
    do not use the Get button, use Menu-L to sync your folders. Auto sync will only get new mail, not sync your folders. also folders that come with versamail, other than Inbox will not sync with Gmail. only the ones that download, with the [Gmail] in front of them will sync. also, do not delete emails, move them to the [Gmail]/Trash folder. hope this helps. more detailed version in the Centro group, under the Versamail update thread. thanks to crocostimpy for help on this one.
    Matty
    i had to re-name my Gmail labels to [Gmail]Label Name to make this versamail thing work. Not a good thing.
    you shouldn't have had to rename them. they should have downloaded to your Treo, after you entered the root folder on the phone. did you use [Gmail]/
    Matty
    yes i did. but none of my labels show up when i sync folders. it only appeared when i renamed the folders as such.

Also i found that there was a character limit to the name of the folders to sync and a maximum number of folders you can sync at a time. That did it for me.

I'm back in Agendus Mail.
    I did this and everything seems to be working fine... accept my EAS is not pushing anymore... any suggestions... i have to hit the sync button to get my mail...
    After another trial this week (did another hard reset) Verasmail seems to be syncing my folders fine now. I did not have to change anything on the settings or ports. I did not have to change root folder name. My labels showed up as folders upon syncing (Ctrl L)
    glad to hear it worked out after all.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    glad to hear it worked out after all.
    Yeah my only gripe now is that i could not save messages to the card. So i ended up NOT downloading all my previous mail.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    It looks like HTML view mode works. I got an html email from Sprint through GMail imap and it displays correctly (aside from the images being blocked due to not adding the sender to the safe list).
    I didn't know you could do this in versa mail. How can I do this?

Thanks.
    I installed the Centro Versamail.

It's great to have autosync options in EAS.

Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the ability to create filters in Versamail. This was important with Gmail. If I send an email from my PC on Gmail, I end up with the sent email in the Inbox on my Treo. The filters would prevent this. Any work arounds? I have IMAP enabled in Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman View Post
    I installed the Centro Versamail.

It's great to have autosync options in EAS.

Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the ability to create filters in Versamail. .
    My bad.

I had to delete my old gmail account in Versamail and create a new IMAP account.
    Still working on getting the folders to sync.
    Can't get SENT to Sync both ways in Gmail

Email sent from the PC in Gmail does not show up in the SENT folder on the Treo. Email sent from the Treo does show up in the SENT folder on the PC.

Under PREFERENCES-ADVANCED-SERVER FOLDERS, I have the root folder set as [Gmail]/ and checks by Deleted Mail and Sent Mail.

SYNC SERVER FOLDERS does not show SENT as an option. It does show the SPAM folder, STARRED, etc.

Any help appreciated.
    Will this work for a Verizon 755P? Everytime I try to install, I tap the update now, I see a Install Email Preparing, then suddently the orange Palm and it goes into a reset. It restarts and nothing. I've tried it from the device and card and no luck? Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmagloo View Post
    Will this work for a Verizon 755P? Everytime I try to install, I tap the update now, I see a Install Email Preparing, then suddently the orange Palm and it goes into a reset. It restarts and nothing. I've tried it from the device and card and no luck? Any ideas?

It might be sprint specific which is why it would be restarting your device but I would think the program would present you with an error message saying that your device is not supported.
    Nope - Nothing. I wonder if there is a way to extract just the installed prc and see if that would work on a VZ? Although I do have a copy of the old 3.5 from my 650, it would be nice to check out this 4.0x. This new email client that's part of the wireless sync is pretty rough.
    I updated by 755p with the Centro Versamail build77 update, however, I still don't have the push option (I believe it should say "as arrives" or something like that). Suggestions?

Interestingly, I was able to setup EAS once, however, on a subsequent attempt that option is no longer there, but only displays the POP and IMAP option...weird.

My company is decommissiong Good, and I'm at a loss to find anything comparable that will sync email and calendar....I'm very sad.....

Suggestion on the push option? This is a must have for work email....

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    I've installed VM 4.01 build 77 on my VZW 755p and it works flawlesly. I did the standard OTA install. I did NOT install over an in-place VM installation, for what it's worth. I never even loaded VM 3.x onto the device. I charged it up, activated it, and DL'd 4.01 straight to the 755p.

Really, 4.01 is SO much smoother on the 755p than it was on either of my Verizon _1.10 700p's, despite having nearly the exact same amount of free RAM on both devices and the same 3rd party app load on both devices.

I cannot stand the VZW Wireless Sync thing and would never use that. With the background send/receive feature in the new VM 4.01, I'm finding myself doing a lot more e-mail on the go on my Treo!
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    Also, mcmagloo, you know that even though VM is not in the ROM of a Verizon 755p, you can find (I believe) 3.5.5 to install on the bundled software CD, right?
    Pilot 1000-->Pilot 5000-->PalmPilot Pro-->IIIe-->Vx-->m505-->T|T-->T|T2-->T|C-->T|T3-->T|T5-->TX-->Verizon Treo 700P-->Verizon Treo 755p-->Verizon Motorola Droid + Verizon Centro--> Verizon Motorola Droid X + Palm TX-->Verizon Droid Bionic + Palm TX
    Thanks for the reply. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling. I got back the EAS option, which is nice, however, I still don't have the "as arrives" option (i.e. push email option). Interestingly someone earlier in the thread noted that they lost the timed options, whereas I have the regular timed options but no push option. Has anyone had any experience with this problem or a suggestion as to how to recover this option? I've reinstalled the app so many times now that I'm starting to give up ;-(....
    Hkk,

Yeah, I just finally found the html with the link to the 3.5.5 and installed it last night. It's working fine, with the exception of it constantly pulling emails that are years past the 3 day cut off. Kind of maddening, but I can do multiple accts on differeent tabs which is a big help. that crappy sync app forced mullitple accts into one inbox which was totally retarded and unacceptable.

I just wish I could figure out how to get this 4.x to install. I tried again umpteen times but now dice. Would you be willing to PM me just the prc to try a test?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast