Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    okay for the lack of a search feature on my treo I was testing out gmails imap and I guess it doesn't push like EAS or am I completely wrong? I mean if it has to poll on a time schedule its no better than pop3...
    I don't think versamail maintains an idle connection like Chattermail, so imap doesn't push.

Chattermail for example will push with Gmail IMAP by maintaining an idle connection.
    I downloaded to my PC and copied the installer to my miniSD card. I installed from there with no problem.
    How is this with the battery? I used Chatter imap with gmail for a while, but I had to stop because it drained the battery. Is this any better?
    Laissez Faire
    This has less drain than Chatter because it doesn't maintain a connection. So the battery drain is better on this because you lose push anyways.
    I've read through this entire thread and I don't recall anyone else having this problem, but if I've missed it please forgive me.

I've managed to set everything up with IMAP (in both my gmail settings and in Versamail) and it works...until I go to sync my folders. It begins and then I get an "Out of Memory" error message.

Can anyone advise me from this point? Thanks in advance.
    I know this is a dumb question but one that needs to be asked anyways just to be sure.. you DO have memory right? I set up my IMAP gmail account just to see how it works and don't have that error message and I set up multiple folders just to see how it works. My only other suggestion is to delete that account and start over in versamail and maybe that will get rid of the error message.
    Maybe for some reason your account is trying to pull down massive attachments? Only other thing I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I know this is a dumb question but one that needs to be asked anyways just to be sure.. you DO have memory right? I set up my IMAP gmail account just to see how it works and don't have that error message and I set up multiple folders just to see how it works. My only other suggestion is to delete that account and start over in versamail and maybe that will get rid of the error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Maybe for some reason your account is trying to pull down massive attachments? Only other thing I can think of.

LOL No, it's not a dumb question. I have 41.6M of memory left after installing the update. ZLauncher reports that as 66% free. *shrugs* I dunno.

I don't have the option checked to download attachments. <sigh> I fear that Versamail just doesn't like me.

I've deleted the account and reconfigured it a million times (ok, that's an exaggeration, but mighty close to that!) in an effort to identically match someone's set up that works...but no luck. I'll keep trying and let you all know how it goes.

I appreciate your help.
    Yeah I can't really help too much, because Versamail forgets all my passwords constantly I don't even use it.
    Well the only other option if you want to try is install the update again and see if that corrects your problem.. if you really want to test it try doing a full backup and then do a hard reset and install just the update for versamail. Then configure everything and see if it works.. if it does then just do a restore and hope everything stays working.. I know its time consuming but if you have the time this will tell you if its just your phone or if maybe you have something installed thats conflicting with versamail.
    Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    Is it just me or does this update (4.01) kinda suck? I upgraded my 755p (VZW) to the 4.01 from 3.5.5 and found it rather slow and often annoying even though it did incorporate many nice new features. FYI: If you want to downgrade, what I did was just nuke all files on my phone called "email" and some starting with "vm" (I did a backup first of course) and then installed the old 3.5.5 and I'm back to normal.
    "Kinda" suck? For me (755p, Sprint) it was absolutely awful. Slow beyond imagination for a POP3 account, which is mainly what I use. (I know, I should join the 20th century but POP3 is what works for my purposes.) And personally, I liked the progress bar. For some reason I couldn't just restore VM 3.5.5 using Resco Backup, 4.0.1 kept coming back! I had to do a hard reset then restore. Anyway, I'm back to 3.5.5 again and all is well.
    Has anyone noticed an increase in resets since installing the 4.01 version? My 755p seems to have a lot more resets now.
    Matty
    Chatteremail or Snappermail to alleviate your headaches imo...
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Has anyone noticed an increase in resets since installing the 4.01 version? My 755p seems to have a lot more resets now.
    I've installed 4.0.1 on three of my colleagues 755's and none of them are having any reset issues.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Man, I was afraid someone would say that. I hate having to do hard resets.......
    Matty
    I have the 4.0.1 version installed on 2 700p's and 3 755p's and all are working just fine and we use EAS/pop3/gmail IMAP... no resets as far as I know... it does seem a little slower but with the option to go into another program and have the email run in the background I am absolutely thrilled with this version of versamail.
    Did an RTN reset, no reboots so far, with the 4.01 version reinstalled...
    Matty
    i just tried this.... my phone does not sync changes i make in my gmail server. am i doin something wrong?

i got all the ports right. Options for modifying settings here are pretty few which is disappointing.
    so I don't have to type all this out again, goto my 2nd post on this page. treo.discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/showthread.php?t=159481&page=3
    Matty