Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I still can't believe versamail can't view EAS subfolders.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I updated Versamail on my Treo 700p and now my pop3 Sprintpcs mail will not download I press "get" and the bottom arrow spins and nothing happens.

Can anybody verify if Sprintpcs mail works in the updated Versamail?

One thing I noticed is that when I go in to "account setup" and click edit the password that is displayed as astriks is alot longer than my actual password.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I updated Versamail on my Treo 700p and now my pop3 Sprintpcs mail will not download I press "get" and the bottom arrow spins and nothing happens.

Can anybody verify if Sprintpcs mail works in the updated Versamail?

One thing I noticed is that when I go in to "account setup" and click edit the password that is displayed as astriks is alot longer than my actual password.
    Never mind guys, it was me I had it set up wrong works fine thanks.
    I have worked with getting gmail imap to sync with the phone. The phone will sync with changes made on the server, but will only sync the other way with the inbox. If I delete an email on the device, it will not delete on the server. When I press menu+L, and to sync my folders, the only option I have is Inbox. I can create new folders, and the will sync both ways as well. But, in preferences, there are check boxes for the Trash, and Sent folders. It also has a place to list the Root Folder. The Trash and Sent folders whether checked or not checked do not show up in the sync list. I believe I can make it work, if I can find out the Root Folder that they are tied to. I tried [Gmail], but that doesn't work. Does anyone have theirs set up? Or is all folders syncing without messing with this setting? I would appreciate any, and all help.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I have worked with getting gmail imap to sync with the phone. The phone will sync with changes made on the server, but will only sync the other way with the inbox. If I delete an email on the device, it will not delete on the server. When I press menu+L, and to sync my folders, the only option I have is Inbox. I can create new folders, and the will sync both ways as well. But, in preferences, there are check boxes for the Trash, and Sent folders. It also has a place to list the Root Folder. The Trash and Sent folders whether checked or not checked do not show up in the sync list. I believe I can make it work, if I can find out the Root Folder that they are tied to. I tried [Gmail], but that doesn't work. Does anyone have theirs set up? Or is all folders syncing without messing with this setting? I would appreciate any, and all help.
    I wrestled with this for a while too. I found [Gmail]/ for the Root Folder works. The other folders like Starred will then show up when you request to Sync.
    Symbol SPT1500 (Palm III w/laser barcode scanner) -> Treo 600 -> Treo 755p -> Pre
    Is it just me or does this update (4.01) kinda suck? I upgraded my 755p (VZW) to the 4.01 from 3.5.5 and found it rather slow and often annoying even though it did incorporate many nice new features. FYI: If you want to downgrade, what I did was just nuke all files on my phone called "email" and some starting with "vm" (I did a backup first of course) and then installed the old 3.5.5 and I'm back to normal.
    I just ditched versamail entirely, again. They never give me enough reason to use this over Sprint Mobile Email.
    Thanks a lot crocostimpy. you are great.
    Matty
    Hi,

Dumb question, but hey ... If Versamail is in ROM (pre-installed), I do this Centro update, and then I don't like it, can I go back to the old version doing a backup restoring (given I back everything up before installing)?

Does this new version overwrites the old one in ROM, or does it install itself as new and separate files? I installed new versions of Kinoma Player and Google Maps and they were installed separately from the pre-installed versions. There is only one icon for each in launcher but I can see the files for the two separate versions in UniCMD.
    it is separate from the rom version.. nothing as far as I know will overwrite the rom.. so yes if you make a full backup and then install and don't end up liking it you can always restore from the backup and have the old version back.
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    it is separate from the rom version.. nothing as far as I know will overwrite the rom.. so yes if you make a full backup and then install and don't end up liking it you can always restore from the backup and have the old version back.
    Thanks for the answer.

I ask because the update is from Palm. I did Treo Software Updates (ROM Updaters from Palm) for my old 650 and you can't get back to the previous version once you update that, not even with hard resets and restoring. I thought maybe this Versamail update was the same, since it comes directly from Palm.

Another question, I already have the update downloaded to my PC's desktop. Can I install the Installer file from my PC to the 755p via Hotsync or do I HAVE to do it via OTA directly from Palm's page to my phone?

Edit: My 755p isn't from Sprint. The Update instructions mentions Sprint. Does it matters? Can I still do it even if my phone isn't a Sprint one (It isn't from Verizon either)?
    Last edited by Cheker; 01/24/2008 at 04:07 PM.
    It's meant to be done OTA so I would recommend doing it that way.. I did my update from my sd card which is still a little different then hotsyncing. They have a specific warning about not hotsyncing on their site so I would just stick with OTA.
    Carrier won't matter for the Versamail update.

Also the reason this is different isn't because it's from PALM or not. The 650 update you did re-flashed your ROM, so the default software became whatever was in the updated ROM. This is not a ROM flash, it's just an app install, which means it still co-exists with your ROM without over-writing anything.
    Oh my ... I just saw this post I haven't read:

Quote Originally Posted by c5vettes View Post
    FYI: If you want to downgrade, what I did was just nuke all files on my phone called "email" and some starting with "vm" (I did a backup first of course) and then installed the old 3.5.5 and I'm back to normal.
    Not that I don't believe what you said Syphex, but now I'm confused. If I want to go back to old VM, do I have to simply do a restore or does one has to selectively erase files and all that stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Carrier won't matter for the Versamail update.

Also the reason this is different isn't because it's from PALM or not. The 650 update you did re-flashed your ROM, so the default software became whatever was in the updated ROM. This is not a ROM flash, it's just an app install, which means it still co-exists with your ROM without over-writing anything.
    Thanks for the info.
    Either one:

Restore is safer because you might not know all of which files you need to erase. For this reason I recommend creating a phone backup and restoring it if you want to go back.

If you accidentally delete a file that is used by something else you will cause phone instability.
    If your new to the palmOS then go a head and delete all the files c5vettes said to delete but if you have any experience in palmOS then you will know that even deleteing the most useless file in the OS your phone might go on the fritz. I would just simply make a full backup using any of the backup programs mentioned all over this site NV backup is one most recommend and I believe to be free before you apply the update. Then if you don't like it or something goes wrong you can simply do a hard reset and then a restore and it will be like nothing ever changed.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    So do you guys like the original progress bar or do you like this new Wii type circle thing?
    I liked having the progress bar.
    the new version uses a blue circle.. and now when you send or receive it can be done in the back ground so you don't have to wait. It is a tad bit slower but I like the fact that I don't have to wait anymore when sending an email. And now if your worried that it didn't work there is a activity log you can check to verify it.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    the new version uses a blue circle.. and now when you send or receive it can be done in the back ground so you don't have to wait. It is a tad bit slower but I like the fact that I don't have to wait anymore when sending an email. And now if your worried that it didn't work there is a activity log you can check to verify it.
    Good point.
    My stance has changed.
    I ALWAYS hated that progress bar.