Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 169
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dijon View Post
    I installed the update on my 755p yesterday and haven't had any issues minus the fact the first few emails I sent got hung up in the Outbox. I really appreciate the vibrate feature (was using Butler for this), but wish that there were more options for alert tones.
    Hi Dijon,
    If you download Profiles (http://mytreo.net/downloads/profiles,19.html) you can select an email alert there. It's a very handy program. God Bless vibrate on emails! As a hearing impaired person, this is clutch.

    Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  2. #62  
    Well I was wrong about the POP working as well. it was sent to not leave the message on the server. So, I wasn't deleting them using POP either. It is installed properly as well. Why it works for everyone else and not me, I do not know.
    Matty
  3. #63  
    You can probably do this with Butler also, using the Attention Grabber.

    i.e., nag me if I miss a sms/attention manager (normal alerts)/voicemail/etc (pretty sure emails count as normal alerts).

    You can set it to play any MP3 x number of times, or vibrate x number of times, or flash LED or mix and match. You can also set the volume.

    Also, you can tell it to only nag you between the hours of x and x.
  4. #64  
    did anyone get an update to ptunes after installing this update? All of the sudden I have the bundled version 4.0.6 of ptunes and the only thing I've done is this update lately.
  5. #65  
    My PTunes still says 4.0.5.

    I tried manually checking for updates and it says there's a free update to 4.0.6

    4.0.6.1513 to be more specific is the latest.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    The biggest improvement for EAS is that sending and syncing now happen in the background so you don't have to wait for it to finish. That made it worth the upgrade for me.
    Agreed. I wasn't sure what was happening the first time I sent a message and didn't have to wait for the progress bar to show it had been sent. Nice improvement.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Hi Dijon,
    If you download Profiles (http://mytreo.net/downloads/profiles,19.html) you can select an email alert there. It's a very handy program. God Bless vibrate on emails! As a hearing impaired person, this is clutch.

    Timmay
    Thanks for the heads up on this but I can't seem to get it to do what I want it to. It seems that there is no way to "override" the Versamail sound settings so I'm stuck with the 5 or 6 options there. Anyone have any luck with this?
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    You can probably do this with Butler also, using the Attention Grabber.

    i.e., nag me if I miss a sms/attention manager (normal alerts)/voicemail/etc (pretty sure emails count as normal alerts).

    You can set it to play any MP3 x number of times, or vibrate x number of times, or flash LED or mix and match. You can also set the volume.

    Also, you can tell it to only nag you between the hours of x and x.
    Yes, you can but you still get whatever you have set as the Versamail alert first. You also can't specify a nag for email and when you set it as a "normal alert", you get the same alert for text, calendar events, etc.

    I have a "You've Got Mail" clip that I would like to play when I receive an email via EAS but have yet to find a program that will override the Versamail settings and do it.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
  9. #69  
    Can someone help me with setting up my gmail account through my 755p?
    I down loaded the Centro 407 update and it installed smoothly.
    I went to my gmail account via the web and went into settings, enabled IMAP Access ( That was the ONLY thing I did in my settings on the web).
    Then I fired up versa mail, went to account set up, NEW, entered my email address xxxx.xxx@gmail.com, then entered my password xxxxxxxx, hit done. Screen says set up complete would you like to get email. I select yes. I get error user log in faild check your username and password settings. So I check them and they are fine.
    While my gmail tab is up I hit NEW in the bottom left corner and send an email to my work address and it goes through BUT I still cant read my gmail email.
    So, now I go into edit the account details on my phone, account name, email address, password, I click next. It says pop. I thought I wanted imap so I switch it to imap and fiddle with the settings,
    Incoming to: imap.gmail.com
    outgoing stayed : smtp.gmail.com
    Still I could only send out my email but not read/receive my gmail. So on a whim I set up pop3 on my gmail web account settings, then I set it up with pop3 on my phone.
    incoming to : pop.gmail.com
    outgoing:: smtp.gmail.com
    Everthing worked, I got my message etc...
    I thought IMAP was better , does anyone have suggestions for getting IMAP to work?
    Thanks
  10. #70  
    Imap is better than pop when you have an imap idle server like google uses.

    1. Enable IMAP in your Gmail account settings.
    2. Tap Menu.
    3. Select Accounts.
    4. Select New Account....
    5. Select IMAP4....
    6. Type a name/description for the account.
    7. Type the following:
    * Your name
    * Your Gmail address
    8. Select Server.
    9. Select the following and type connection details:
    * IMAP4 Server is imap.gmail.com
    * Username is your full Gmail address, including @gmail.com
    * Password is your Gmail password
    * SMTP Server is smtp.gmail.com
    * Username is your full Gmail address, including @gmail.com
    * Password is your Gmail password
    10. Select More...
    11. Select Always secure (wrapped port) under IMAP4 Settings.
    12. Select Always secure (wrapped port) under SMTP Settings.
    13. Deselect all checkboxes.
    14. Select OK, then OK again, then Done.

    these are the settings for snapper which should be close to the same with versamail ..
    Last edited by syphex; 01/21/2008 at 05:18 PM.
  11. #71  
    With the new versamail its real easy.

    Just put in your email address blah@gmail.com and it basically detects the rest and does it for you.

    Not really sure why you can't read your email...
  12. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    Can someone help me with setting up my gmail account through my 755p?
    I down loaded the Centro 407 update and it installed smoothly.
    I went to my gmail account via the web and went into settings, enabled IMAP Access ( That was the ONLY thing I did in my settings on the web).
    Then I fired up versa mail, went to account set up, NEW, entered my email address xxxx.xxx@gmail.com, then entered my password xxxxxxxx, hit done. Screen says set up complete would you like to get email. I select yes. I get error user log in faild check your username and password settings. So I check them and they are fine.
    While my gmail tab is up I hit NEW in the bottom left corner and send an email to my work address and it goes through BUT I still cant read my gmail email.
    So, now I go into edit the account details on my phone, account name, email address, password, I click next. It says pop. I thought I wanted imap so I switch it to imap and fiddle with the settings,
    Incoming to: imap.gmail.com
    outgoing stayed : smtp.gmail.com
    Still I could only send out my email but not read/receive my gmail. So on a whim I set up pop3 on my gmail web account settings, then I set it up with pop3 on my phone.
    incoming to : pop.gmail.com
    outgoing:: smtp.gmail.com
    Everthing worked, I got my message etc...
    I thought IMAP was better , does anyone have suggestions for getting IMAP to work?
    Thanks
    syphex already gave a pretty detailed instruction. Just make sure that VersamMail has the right port settings for GMail IMAP. When I set it up (and it works nicely on my 755p) the ports VM suggested did not work.

    Here're the steps to check (and correct if necessary) the setup:
    1. In VM got to Account Setup (/W)
    2. Choose your GMail IMAP account and press <Edit>
    3. In Account Setup window press <Next>
    4. In Account Setup (cont.) window press <Advanced>
    5. In Advanced window check "Use Secure Connection (SSL)" and enter port number 993. Then press <Next>
    6. In Advanced (cont.) window check both "Use Secure Connection (SSL)" and "Use Authentication (ESMTP)". Enter port no. 465. The user name and password are the ones you have entered in the initial setup (also seen in step 4. above). Press <Done> and then <OK>

    As pointed out by others you need to use for the account setup (window described in step 4 above) for the Username yourname@gmail.com. The incoming mail server is imap.gmail.com and the outgoing mail server is smtp.gmail.com

    This setup works for me.

    Cheers.
  13. #73  
    That is the same setup I used. And not one of my folders will sync. Is there any settings in preferences that would cause non of my folders to sync?
    Matty
  14. #74  
    Thank you very much to those who replied. The factory settings for the gmail account didn't work. I had to change the ports to the ones that were posted.
    Cool, now I need to get my Wide Open West account added.
    Thank you!
    Josh
  15. #75  
    When using Gmail IMAP, what are the server folders suppose to be set up in preferences?
    Matty
  16. #76  
    It's dumb too because that's the point of Exchange 2007...
  17. #77  
    Blazer seems to be ... faster - not the page rendering, but I was waiting 25 seconds plus for it to load - now, 2 or 3 top? that seemed very odd.

    Maybe I am just having a halo effect. It certainly doesn't seem right.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i just used my treo and went here to tc. then to this post and clicked the link you posted to make sure it wasn't a typo. still did the same thing. i haven't seen any other blazer problems. altho, this is my first day and it is still AM hours. lol.
    I had the same problem, I just went to the URL on my PC, downloaded the PRC and installed it the traditional way through hotsync.
  19. #79  
    Okay, let me try asking this question. In preferences-server folders-Root Folder, what should Root Folder be listed as? This is my problem with syncing IMAP. Once again this is for Gmail IMAP. If I can list the Root folder correctly, I can get my sent mail, and trash to sync correctly.
    Thanks
    Matty
  20. #80  
    is there a way to get other folders then listed, especially like the "Starred" folder?

Posting Permissions