Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    That I have no Idea I would imagine all but Ive never had to look at something 6 months out.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Can you look at the settings for yor EAS account and let me know if it allows an "All" feature. I noticed a few changes in the EAS set up sequence, but I cannot test it on my 755p right now because I'm trying a different phone out on my account so my 755p is off-line.

Thanks.
    well I just went out 8 months on the server side and my reoccuring alerts are all still there.
    My Gmail IMAP does not sync my Inbox, Trash, or Sent items. Anyone else with this problem? When I delete on the Treo, it does not delete on the website. I have it checked to delete both places.
    Matty
    Just a "duh" check, but you are deleting the email, then syncing, then checking if it deleted server side right?
    Yeah, and I don't mind the duh. LOL
    Matty
    Damn, well this version of Versamail has the exact same problem as the Treo 755p one, just with a different error message.

"The server did not recognize your username and/or password. Please check settings and re-sync."

Have to re-enter the same username and password over and over again, which ruins push email completely. Adios again Versamail!.
    I installed the update on my 755p yesterday and haven't had any issues minus the fact the first few emails I sent got hung up in the Outbox. I really appreciate the vibrate feature (was using Butler for this), but wish that there were more options for alert tones.
    Is it strange that my wife refers to herself as a "Treo widow"?
    I installed the update on my 755p and it shows the new update. I can get mail, but it does not do it on its own... Do i have to set up Auto-Sync? I thought IMAP did it on its own?
    I played around with the update from versamail which is really for the centro not for the 755p and have a couple of questions to the folks who posted here.
    Yes it works on the 755p but you loose the option to pull automatically your mail at certain time intervall's.
    I happen to like this feature very much.
    Don't have to go to all my accounts to retrieve manually my e-mail.
    Your automatic preset options for new e-mail setups are gone. It is a nice convinience.
    I also noted that it takes longer to retrieve your e-mail from your e-mail servers.
    To me, it it did not look justified to use the centro e-mail package on the 755p.
    Convince me otherwise.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cellwizzard View Post
    I played around with the update from versamail which is really for the centro not for the 755p and have a couple of questions to the folks who posted here.
    Yes it works on the 755p but you loose the option to pull automatically your mail at certain time intervall's.
    I happen to like this feature very much.
    Don't have to go to all my accounts to retrieve manually my e-mail.
    Your automatic preset options for new e-mail setups are gone. It is a nice convinience.
    I also noted that it takes longer to retrieve your e-mail from your e-mail servers.
    To me, it it did not look justified to use the centro e-mail package on the 755p.
    Convince me otherwise.
    I installed this update on my 755p and it's stable so far and I'm quite happy. I mostly use it for my company email (via EAS) which I set to auto-sync every 15 minutes (direct push would hammer our servers too much since many people are using Treos!).

I also use it for my private email. One account is using GMail IMAP which really works nicely now. Another private email account uses POP via SSL. I do have the option to set an auto-sync on a predefined frequence for this account as well - just as I use it for my work email (see attached snapshot).

It did notice that checking my emails from my POP/SSL account takes somewhat longer. But that's a price I'am very happy to pay if I get in exchange IMAP support and a more stable EAS operation.

So I'm very happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by STBXXL; 01/19/2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo
    I am using v3.5.5 and push sync with EAS. What are the differences other than the vibrate feature? TIA

Works with Gmail IMAP now.
    Is the new Versamail capable of saving messages to the card now? Thats what i need.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Is the new Versamail capable of saving messages to the card now? Thats what i need.
    Not that I'm aware of.

Cheers.
    I am using the Gmail IMAP, and it will not sync with any of my Gmail folders. What am I doing wrong here?
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnytoo View Post
    I am using v3.5.5 and push sync with EAS. What are the differences other than the vibrate feature? TIA
    The biggest improvement for EAS is that sending and syncing now happen in the background so you don't have to wait for it to finish. That made it worth the upgrade for me.
    Now if the stupid password issue with EAS was fixable maybe I would actually use Versamail...
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    The biggest improvement for EAS is that sending and syncing now happen in the background so you don't have to wait for it to finish. That made it worth the upgrade for me.
    That's huge!

Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    I am using the Gmail IMAP, and it will not sync with any of my Gmail folders. What am I doing wrong here?
    I just gave up and am using the default pop protocol. It will at least delete the emails off the gmail site, when I delete them off the phone. It would have been nice to be able to sync folders using imap. Also, even though in setup it mentions to enable IMAP on the gmail site, it still sets it up as POP. You have to manually go in and change all the settings to IMAP. Just FYI.
    Matty
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast