Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    That sucks... Kinda ruins the point of an exchange 2007 account.
    I tried to download and run this on my 700p (Sprint) and it apparently didnt work. I dont get the Build 77 in the about Versamail screen. Gonna try again...does anyone else have any success on the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I have installed it on 2 755's and both seem to be working fine. They both only use EAS so I can't vouch for any of the other features. I am just glad to finally have a vibrate feature for versamail.
    I just ran it on my girlfriend's 755p and it didnt have the Build 77 in the 'About Versamail' screen. I did the OTA installation. What are you doing different if you got the confirmation that it did install?
    Hmm my 755p came with Versamail and it already supported EAS. This is with version 3.5.4
    Yeah but this update works properly with Gmail Imap.

3.5.4 does not.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just installed it on my 755p. So far works great with all my email accounts (inluding SSL POP, Gmail IMAP, EAS)
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I just ran it on my girlfriend's 755p and it didnt have the Build 77 in the 'About Versamail' screen. I did the OTA installation. What are you doing different if you got the confirmation that it did install?
    You have to tap the Palm logo in the About screen to see the Build 77 info.
    Well it worked for me. Other than the vibrate feature not much has changed. The way IMAP empty trash works is a bit different (doesn't do the sync after, just says it'll do it on next sync).

I'm also disappointed that you still don't get nested folders when using exchange.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I apologize in advance for the thead jack.

At work we're running Exchange 2003. What would I need to tell the IT guy here to get EAS activated? In other words, what does IT need to do to make EAS ready to go on the server side?
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    No wonder Palm is in the shape it is in. They do something good for a change and don't tell you about it.

This Centro update fixed imap gmail, now I get a vibrate when I have a email (something that I've wanted for years). Why hide this?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Versmail actually downloads the entire message (up to the size limit) now. That never worked before no matter how I adjusted the settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob_T View Post
    I apologize in advance for the thead jack.

At work we're running Exchange 2003. What would I need to tell the IT guy here to get EAS activated? In other words, what does IT need to do to make EAS ready to go on the server side?

This is a very long subject but using Exchange 2003 as long as they have sp2 installed then EAS is already ready to go. All they would have to do is turn the feature on for your account. There is quite a bit you would have to do in order to get a working ssl cert on your phone but thats pretty easy if you follow a few steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta View Post
    No wonder Palm is in the shape it is in. They do something good for a change and don't tell you about it.

This Centro update fixed imap gmail, now I get a vibrate when I have a email (something that I've wanted for years). Why hide this?
    It's because the update is really only for the Centro. I don't know why only the new phone gets the update since we paid a crap load more for our phones but I only tried it after seeing someone else did it successfully on their 755. With how Palm does their updates this will be the last palm phone I probably ever own even with the linux os coming this year.
    i get an error message when going to the site from blazer...

error... document is 1265337 bytes, which is to big to be reasonably displayed.

what did i do wrong? new treo- first day. lol
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    You probably went to the wrong address...

www.palm.com/versamail407
    nope. that is the exact address i typed in to the blazer address bar.

thanks though, cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    I have the HTML option checked for my Gmail as well. But, the pictures either show up as attachments, or as boxes with X's in them. They do not show up as a true HTML email. Is there something I need to change?
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I tried to download and run this on my 700p (Sprint) and it apparently didnt work. I dont get the Build 77 in the about Versamail screen. Gonna try again...does anyone else have any success on the 700p?
    Yeah, one of my co-workers installed it, on his 700p. No problems.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    You probably went to the wrong address...

www.palm.com/versamail407
    i just used my treo and went here to tc. then to this post and clicked the link you posted to make sure it wasn't a typo. still did the same thing. i haven't seen any other blazer problems. altho, this is my first day and it is still AM hours. lol.
    Weird it still let me download it, I wonder if its just your area.. if you want I can email it to you.. let me know.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Does EAS now allow you to sync your entire calendar and all e-mail, or does it still limit you to 6 months?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast