1.    #1  
    Jan. 17, 2008

Finally a full screen picture caller ID application for the Treo® PalmOS® smart phones. Assign any JPG or GIF picture as caller ID from Internal memory or from the external SD Card. Display the picture in full beautiful color with
    optional custom color fonts.

With full screen picture caller ID you can easily identify the caller. Assign different picture ID for different contacts. For caller’s that are not in your Contacts database you can assign a different picture. You can also assign a custom picture for caller’s who do not have caller ID information or blocked callers. Caller’s who have caller ID information PictureID can display the caller’s city location using the flexible AreaCode database. The included area code database is for North American. You can easily edit and add your own area codes.

PictureID also supports Contact groups. If you just want to assign a picture for a Group (Category) then it can be done very easily.

You have full control over the caller display information such as Caller’s name, city name and phone number. You can display none, all or anyone of the field in the picture ID screen.
    PictureID is compatible with the Treo® phone application and 3rd party ringtone managers.

Features

* Custom picture for individual contact
    * Custom picture for Contact Groups
    * Custom picture for Known, Unknown and No CallerID
    * Support upto 4 phone numbers per custom filter
    * Full screen picture caller ID
    * Supports JPG and static GIF pictures
    * Fast picture display
    * Optionally display the caller ID information with custom color fonts
    * Includes 7 color fonts for caller ID display text
    * Turn on and off caller ID display text
    * Includes North America area code city lookup. Display the caller's city name on call screen
    * Support for 3rd party ring tone managers
    * Intuitive and colorful user interface

Requirements

* Treo® 650/700P/680/755/Centro
    * 150K of main memory

Compatible

* Treo® phone application
    * 3rd party ring tone managers

http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/picid_1.jpg http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/picid_4.jpg http://www.toysoft.ca/ts_images/picid_9.jpg
    Main Screen Full Screen Picture CallerID with Custom Color Font
    Visit www.toysoft.ca for Treo software.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Run! It's gonna blow!
    Has anyone tried this out yet? How does it work? stable?
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I'd like to know also!!
    What the heck, I couldn't resist. I downloaded the trail. I'll try it out for a few days, and post my resultes.
    Looks very cool so far.
    Huh.

Launched app, immediate reset

Repeat process, repeat result.

Palm Centro with a "bunch apps" installed, but none that are phone-app centric.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Works fine on my 680 so far, called myself from wifes, and daughters phone, and works fine.
    Slight delay before the "whole screen" picture shows, when it first rings, it shows the stock picture ID from the phone. but goes full screen just a second later.
    I'll load up ALL my picture ID's on it, and see if it causes any problems over the 10 day trial.

EDIT.......
    Guess I won't put any more on it for now, it only allows 5 pictures on the trial version.
    Toysoft=Resets
    Hasn't anyone learned yet? Toysoft will send a fix, I'm sure..Good Luck.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    So far it works as described. I love the full screen picture, and the font's that you can choose from. Haven't had any resets, or conflicts yet.

The only thing I don't care for is the answer / ignore / ignore with text buttons are hidden when the pic id comes up, you can hit up or down on the navigator to have then show up, then hit them, but I've found myself accidentally hitting ignore several times.

Is there any way to have the answering buttons show up through the picture when a call comes in?
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    it does show the stock photo id before the full screen one, is there a way to remove that to make it display faster?
    Quote Originally Posted by ILBandit View Post
    So far it works as described. I love the full screen picture, and the font's that you can choose from. Haven't had any resets, or conflicts yet.

The only thing I don't care for is the answer / ignore / ignore with text buttons are hidden when the pic id comes up, you can hit up or down on the navigator to have then show up, then hit them, but I've found myself accidentally hitting ignore several times.

Is there any way to have the answering buttons show up through the picture when a call comes in?
    I've had Lightwav with full picture ID since my 650 in 2005 and for over a year on my 680. The picture ID on Lightwav is identical to the one on this new Toysoft app, only Lightwav has a lot more additional bells and whistles. I've always used my screen, rather than hard keys, to answer or ignore calls. I think if you have confidence and try it, you'll find that you already know where the Answer and Ignore buttons are without needing to see them (or then again, maybe I'm just a freak!)--but I've really never had an issue with finding them without them showing through the pic.
    The fonts are horrible! Can't see at all over a picture!
    R
    Chan
    Treo 680 Mobitel GSM Sri Lanka.
    Apparently its not fast enough either...why would the Contact Picture show up, then the PictureCallerID you set up? It should separate the pics or speed up the process.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I've had Lightwav with full picture ID since my 650 in 2005 and for over a year on my 680. The picture ID on Lightwav is identical to the one on this new Toysoft app, only Lightwav has a lot more additional bells and whistles. ...
    So they are both Toysoft apps. Is PictureID just a stripped down version of Lightwav? Like a Lightwave Lite? Is it any faster/slower than Lightwav?
    Quote Originally Posted by JrrInTN View Post
    So they are both Toysoft apps. Is PictureID just a stripped down version of Lightwav? Like a Lightwave Lite? Is it any faster/slower than Lightwav?
    I haven't had the need to try PictureID, since I have that functionality already in Lightwav, but as I understand it, it is literally the PictureID function from Lightwav, without all of Lightwav's other bells and whistles (so I guess you could view it as Lightwav Lite). I'll leave it to someone who has tried both to give you a relative speed assessment.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I haven't had the need to try PictureID, since I have that functionality already in Lightwav, but as I understand it, it is literally the PictureID function from Lightwav, without all of Lightwav's other bells and whistles (so I guess you could view it as Lightwav Lite). I'll leave it to someone who has tried both to give you a relative speed assessment.

I've tried both apps. As far as the picture ID speed, they both seem to work about the same. I didn't notice any difference in speed when the phone rings, to when the full screen pic comes up.
    ANyone have an idea why Pictureid will not "override" the contacts picture at all. It worked for me a week back, but stopped working, even on a contact with no picutre assigned.

Got it - just "uninstalled" and reinstalled software...seems to work fine again.
    Last edited by charliec; 03/25/2008 at 11:04 PM.
    Charliec