1.    #1  
    VZW 700p is dying. I will probably put in a claim soon. Have people been receiving refurb 700p's? I thought it possible that they could be sending 755p's. Would be happy for any advice re claims process.

Be well and thanks, all.

David
    They will replace it with a refurb 700P. I asked and that is what I was told and got. Ben
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Ben.

Are you on Verizon?

Be well,

David
    I am a Sprint client and Asurion is also associated with Sprint. Ben
    Same here. Cracked screen, 700p failing badly (before the screen issue) with random resets, dropped calls, battery suckage, you name it. Sprint/Asurion told me a replacement 700p would be sent. Going to retentions.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    I called them today because my battery contacts are worn. They said they can't tell me if it's going to be a new or refurbished unit because they don't know until they ship it.

Verizon told me that if I wanted to go up to the 755 I would get the promotional price of a whopping $50 discount and need to sign a new 2 year contract.
    I brought my 3.5 year old indestructable 650 into the Sprint store-- because I heard it Arcing inside. This baby was war torn. I had previously gone through 4 600/650s in 4 months. I have probably dropped this phone onto hard tile or concrete from a distance of 5-6' over 15 times.
    At any rate-- they opened it up-- said that I had spilled something on it (that oddly- I had not) and they were not going to cover it under warranty. I'm cheap and decided noto to send into Asurion yet. Well Wed. I dropped into into a toilet bowl, a pee filled toilet bowl. Yuck. Was lucky enough to fish it out quick, but it was wet, and grody. after some disinfectant-- I put it above my heater hoping it would dry out. I put a move on and promptly fell asleep. 6 hours later I woke up to find something that looked like a Dali clock -- quite dry now.

Needless to say Asurion got a call this time, and I promptly received a new 700p. Internet is sooo much faster. Stoked! Any chance of extra data fees? I was on an unlimited plan from my old 600 days.