Oooops. You're right. It does say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol, you're kidding?

It's Step 7 right on that page with a pic:

http://www.palm.com/us/images/suppor...4update_11.jpg
    -Edm203

Palm Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetpro View Post
    I also get the out of memory message. Anybody have a workaround?
    I also have this out of memory message.

Frankly, this isn't acceptable and is another sloppy palm release. Obviously, there wasn't enough testing.

The only gmail client that works reliably for me is the java client from Google. The interface is wonky because of java but it is fast and reliable compared to others I have tried for gmail.

Would love to know about this out of memory issue.

-CB
    Quote Originally Posted by edm203 View Post
    Oooops. You're right. It does say that.
    I missed this too. What UI genius dreamed that up. What's the point of having to make another non-obvious tap? You have to wonder who's engineering this stuff? Plus, it doesn't work for me because of the out of memory message bug I am getting.

-CB
    Well this problem doesn't seem to be mentioned yet, unless I missed something. Anyway, when I download the update, and I go through all the steps, when I get to the tap install email step it shuts down I get the palm screen with the black bar loading and then it loops like this forever. I've had to do a hard restart 3 times now...anyone else have this problem?
    The out of memory error exists also for Yahoo imap servers, since before the update.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    I was able to update OTA and now have the 'build 77' line. However, my EAS account will no longer reflect changes I make on the phone to the server. Same with Google IMAP.

The messages are pulled in, but when I delete them or mark them as read, they are still showing as new mail on the server.

Any ideas? Thanks!

PS> I did make sure to check the box when it asks to delete on server.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I've been having the same problem..I had to do 5 Hard Resets this weekend and seeing now that someone else is having the same reboot issue, I am not installing this update again.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcollins001 View Post
    Well this problem doesn't seem to be mentioned yet, unless I missed something. Anyway, when I download the update, and I go through all the steps, when I get to the tap install email step it shuts down I get the palm screen with the black bar loading and then it loops like this forever. I've had to do a hard restart 3 times now...anyone else have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by strobeyprobey View Post
    But for some reason every site I go to is displaying 207.154.59.105 in the address bar! Seems like Sprint is goofing the proxy server.
    I had no trouble installing the update, but every URL I use in Blazer is now going through 207.154.59.105 also. WTH?

whois.net returns the following:

OrgName: Hosted Solutions, LLC
    OrgID: HSL-24
    Address: 111 Corning Road
    Address: Suite 100
    City: Cary
    StateProv: NC
    PostalCode: 27278

ReferralServer: rwhois://rwhois.hostedsolutions.com:4321

NetRange: 207.154.0.0 - 207.154.63.255
    CIDR: 207.154.0.0/18
    NetName: HOSTEDSOL-207-154-0-0
    NetHandle: NET-207-154-0-0-1
    Parent: NET-207-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.BOSTONDATACENTERS.COM
    NameServer: NS2.BOSTONDATACENTERS.COM
    Comment: ADDRESSES WITHIN THIS BLOCK ARE NON-PORTABLE
    RegDate: 1996-06-20
    Updated: 2007-01-02

OrgTechHandle: HOSTM534-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Hostmaster
    OrgTechPhone: +1-919-852-0690
    OrgTechEmail: hostmaster@hostedsolutions.com

# ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2008-01-21 19:10
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.
    Other WHOIS Servers: AfriNIC APNIC
    Powered by Palm since 1996...
    Palm Pilot > Palm V > Tungsten T > Trēo 650 > Centro > Prē > Prē F102

...gave up and switched to iPhone4 7/15/10
    has anyone played with the settings after getting this update working with Gmail IMAP? It's working ok for me except a few things:

* sometimes does not autosync (have it set for every hr)
    * sometimes downloads a message that is empty when I open it (shows the entire message downloaded in versamail, but actually has content in gmail)
    * would like to know if there is any way to work with archiving. Right now I'm not deleting anything in versamail because I think it deletes the whole conversation in gmail. I would like to either have delete = archive or find a way to archive. labels and stars would be nice too but I doubt there's any way to do that.

I'm relying on versamail for quick checks, then I open the gmail java app if I want to do more w/ gmail functions (although I recently started getting a frequent error when I open the gmail app that says I don't have a strong enough data connection).
    Quote Originally Posted by ksu777 View Post
    I was able to update OTA and now have the 'build 77' line. However, my EAS account will no longer reflect changes I make on the phone to the server. Same with Google IMAP.

The messages are pulled in, but when I delete them or mark them as read, they are still showing as new mail on the server.

Any ideas? Thanks!

PS> I did make sure to check the box when it asks to delete on server.
    you may need to delete the EAS account you had set up prior to the update and set it up again.
    Quote Originally Posted by otis530 View Post
    * sometimes downloads a message that is empty when I open it (shows the entire message downloaded in versamail, but actually has content in gmail)
    I have this issue as well. It happened even before the Versamail update using Gmail with IMAP. But it never happened when I was using POP3. No fix as far as I can tell. Really annoying issue to say the least.
    Hear more talk about my Centro and other industry news, go to thecellphonejunkie.com for a great weekly cell & smartphone podcast.
    To have your Gmail folders show up on your phone. goto prefs-server folders-and for the root folder use [Gmail]/. that will put your starred, trash, etc folders on the phone. do not delete email in the inbox, it will not sync. move the email to the gmail/trash folder, and it will sync. also, the versamail folders, other than inbox, that show up on your phone, will not sync.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    To have your Gmail folders show up on your phone. goto prefs-server folders-and for the root folder use [Gmail]/. that will put your starred, trash, etc folders on the phone. do not delete email in the inbox, it will not sync. move the email to the gmail/trash folder, and it will sync. also, the versamail folders, other than inbox, that show up on your phone, will not sync.
    What about the Gmail All Mail folder?

In my VersaMail client (4.0.1 Build 77), I'm unable to add the [Gmail]/All Mail folder to the folder list due to length limitations--it seems like the maximum folder name is 15 letters.

Has anyone been able to sync the Gmail All Mail folder?

Thanks,
    ncmf
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I had Gmail working before with POP. I thought I'd try the IMAP. Whats the incoming server for IMAP for gmail? Obviously its not pop.gmail.com, as it was set for the POP config.

TIA
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    I had Gmail working before with POP. I thought I'd try the IMAP. Whats the incoming server for IMAP for gmail? Obviously its not pop.gmail.com, as it was set for the POP config.

TIA
    incoming: imap.gmail.com port 993
    outgoing: smtp.gmail.com port 465
    be sure to turn on ssl for incoming, and outgoing
    setup esmtp for outgoing
    root folder in server folders under preferences is [Gmail]/
    doesn't matter if you check sent, and deleted in here, they will not sync, only the ones that download after setting up the root folder
    Matty
    ROFL !!!!

VersaMail is such horrible crap, I feel sorry for you people trying to get it to work with your gmail. I also got the Out of memory errors. And "Ssnc" action in VM is different than "get" action, although I really don't understand the exact logic. All I know is that there are sometimes messages that it simply does not fetch from gmail imap server, no matter if I try sync or get. That lack of reliable email delivery is enough to scratch this pathetic program.

And to the people wrestling with folders, gmail labels are not the same as folders, because a message can be tagged with multiple labels, but only exist in one folder. In any case, the imap protocol does not support gmail style labels, and trying to treat labels like folders will cause even worse mess.

I'm using sprint mobile email, which works much better with gmail.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    incoming: imap.gmail.com port 993
    outgoing: smtp.gmail.com port 465
    be sure to turn on ssl for incoming, and outgoing
    setup esmtp for outgoing
    root folder in server folders under preferences is [Gmail]/
    doesn't matter if you check sent, and deleted in here, they will not sync, only the ones that download after setting up the root folder
    Thanks Matty, this worked great.
    The Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.
    Does anyone know all the files installed by this updater? I'd like to delete them, as Gmail IMAP does not 'push' and I don't think this is worth the 3MB RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Does anyone know all the files installed by this updater? I'd like to delete them, as Gmail IMAP does not 'push' and I don't think this is worth the 3MB RAM.
    You should be able to delete the app just like you would any other app. Once deleted, it would revert back to the version in ROM. Awhile back, I did this on my 755.
    Sprint 600 - 650 - 755 - Mogul - 700Wx - Centro - 800W & iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by user123455 View Post
    ROFL !!!!

VersaMail is such horrible crap, I feel sorry for you people trying to get it to work with your gmail.
    Really? I've switched back from Chatter to the new Versamail. No memory errors, no crashes, works perfectly with IMAP Gmail and it's fast. Plus it renders HTML email better, imo, than Chatter. If Versa just had better sounds, it'd be close to perfect for a built in email app.

When Sprint Mobile Email does HTML, call me.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast