Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    pop3 --> IMAP --> IMAP IDLE --> EAS
    I tried to download and run this on my 700p (Sprint) and it apparently didnt work. I dont get the Build 77 in the about Versamail screen. Gonna try again...does anyone else have any success on the 700p?
    I installed via direct download url. Everything went fine. After setting up my gmail account as well as enabling imap I continue to get a pop up that says System Error Out of Memory whenever I attempt to Get mail. I have plenty of memory. Please help?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I tried to download and run this on my 700p (Sprint) and it apparently didnt work. I dont get the Build 77 in the about Versamail screen. Gonna try again...does anyone else have any success on the 700p?
    Be sure you tap on the Palm logo, as mentioned earlier in this thread, after you went to the about screen to see the Build 77.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Gmail IMAP is working flawlessly for me with this update. I did delete ALL of my Gmail accounts from Versamail and switched to IMAP on Gmail accounts prior to the download. After the download I recreated my Gmail accounts, declined to "Download Mail", set my preferences and then synced my mail with "Get". I like it!
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    After backing up my Treo 700p (Sprint) with NVBackup I installed the VersaMail 4.0.7 update. It worked without issue.

I used the OTA link to download the update to my Treo. When I was asked by Blazer to Save the update or Save and Open the update, I chose Save, and saved the file to RAM, no my SDHC card. I ran the backup with NVBackup and then ran the update.

Alan G
    Does the update install to RAM or to ROM? Cause i have 4.0.0 in my 650 custom rom and would be very happy if this update would go there as well automatically
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Does the update install to RAM or to ROM? Cause i have 4.0.0 in my 650 custom rom and would be very happy if this update would go there as well automatically
    Please read the thread...RAM (see reply #2)
    Quote Originally Posted by bman12 View Post
    I installed via direct download url. Everything went fine. After setting up my gmail account as well as enabling imap I continue to get a pop up that says System Error Out of Memory whenever I attempt to Get mail. I have plenty of memory. Please help?
    I have the same issue. 35MB+ free on my phone. I had this same error before and after the upgrade.
    Last edited by treo3002600; 01/18/2008 at 11:48 AM.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Thanks Malatesta for the point of clarification on the different implementations of IMAP.

I did notice one thing that is different on this new build than the last.

When sending an email, it no longer shows a progress window. Like outlook, VM moves the message to the outbox and sends the message while you can do your diddy in other apps or within VM.

I thought I was doing something wrong when sending email or that Versamail was just playing a fast one on me until I realized that the messages had been sent.

I don't know if it's the same with POP or IMAP.

Good stuff Palm!!!!
    Palm 105--->Samsung i-300--->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 300 (still has the best keyboard)-->Treo 755p-->Palm PRE-->Treo 680(unlocked by me)--->iPhone 3G---->iPhone 4---->Hp Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Be sure you tap on the Palm logo, as mentioned earlier in this thread, after you went to the about screen to see the Build 77.
    Thanks...I didnt realize that last step! That works! Now, I will see if it loads things better.
    After installing this update Versamail does not know how to open PDF attachments, giving en error about not being able to find the plugin for this file type. I tried reinstalling DocsToGo and a soft rest, doesn't work.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Sivan, which version of DocsToGo?
    Well, actually what happened is that Versamail truncated the .pdf extension. I saved it to the card and then added back the .pdf extension with FileZ, and DocsToGo opened it.

so it's not that Versamail lost the plugin, it just truncated out the extension and then couldn't identify the file type. I use MS push.

The document name was 34 characters before the extension period. On shorter names this was not truncated.
    Last edited by sivan; 01/18/2008 at 02:57 PM.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Awesome! Got mine to work w/ Gmail finally.
    Gmail should put an update that the Centro now can Imap w/ their account.
    -Edm203

Palm Centro
    i installed everything and it says 4.01 in the about versamail section but the BUILD 77 is not there did it update right>?
    <a href="http://www.tmicell.com/?aid=22671">Deep Discounts and Great Selection on Cingular, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint/Nextel</a>

CENTRO FREE w/new contract!! Free Shipping

<a href="http://www.tmiwireless.com/affiliate/?aid=22671">Join the tmiWireless.com cell phone affiliate program and earn excellent commissions on 2 tiers. You get a free personalized website, 24/7 statistics and reporting, and residual income on some products.</a>

http://www.famouswireless.net
    It was asked earlier. It should work now.

If only Palm explained that on their installation instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by famousdrummer82 View Post
    i installed everything and it says 4.01 in the about versamail section but the BUILD 77 is not there did it update right>?
    -Edm203

Palm Centro
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Hi there,

I'm new at versamail. How do you get it to read your Gmail labels?
    Quote Originally Posted by edm203 View Post
    It was asked earlier. It should work now.

If only Palm explained that on their installation instructions.
    lol, you're kidding?

It's Step 7 right on that page with a pic:
    To verify installation: In VersaMail, press Menu. From the Options menu, select About VersaMail, then tap the Palm logo. Build 77 will be displayed if the update was installed correctly.
    http://www.palm.com/us/images/suppor...4update_11.jpg

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by treo3002600 View Post
    I have the same issue. 35MB+ free on my phone. I had this same error before and after the upgrade.

I also get the out of memory message. Anybody have a workaround?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast