Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Did you have any luck?
    I have been waiting for others to try! May have to jump and see what happens.

Regards,

Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ View Post
    I have been waiting for others to try! May have to jump and see what happens.

Regards,

Jim
    Good luck!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ams123 View Post
    I won't be "upgrading" now that USB sync of Versamail is no longer supported. That was the whole reason I bought Versamail for my 600 and still use it on my 700. I really don't understand how people use their email without the sync feature. Since I use POP3 in two place, web app and Palm, I use the sync so I don't have to delete mail in two places. I also love the fact that when I leave in the morning I already have all my mail without using data to "get" it. Maybe the Verizon Wireless Sync will do the same thing but since I don't have a data plan I don't want to use it.
    Bingo. Too much that was present in the "Beta" version is missing from the "final" version.

That's nuts, to me. I'm sticking with the Beta until I'm convinced otherwise.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Good luck!
    Took the jump!!

I finally became so frustrated with the old Palm Desktop Version 4.2 and my lack of ability to Hot Sync. So.............. I cloned my laptop drive and downloaded the newest version 6.2 and installed it. I am happy to report that almost all my conduits installed and transferred over without a hitch. I am now able to Hot Sync once again and I am very happy. I like the interface and am pleased overall. I had to reinstall SwitchSync and Chapura Pocket Mirror. There was no need to reinstall Ultrasoft Money. I am running Windows XP Pro and have a Treo 700P.

Regards,

Jim
    Took the jump!!

I finally became so frustrated with the old Palm Desktop Version 4.2 and my lack of ability to Hot Sync. So.............. I cloned my laptop drive and downloaded the newest version 6.2 and installed it. I am happy to report that almost all my conduits installed and transferred over without a hitch. I am now able to Hot Sync once again and I am very happy. I like the interface and am pleased overall. I had to reinstall SwitchSync and Chapura Pocket Mirror. There was no need to reinstall Ultrasoft Money. I am running Windows XP Pro and have a Treo 700P.

Regards,

Jim
    If you're running XP, why couldn't you HotSync with a pre-6.2 version?

Also, why weren't you using the Beta?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Took the jump!!

Regards,

Jim

Thanks for the update!!

Does the program support media? If so how is it any different?

Thats where Im having most of my issues. I cant get the desktop to open the media tab without taking 5 minutes or more!

Thanks again.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    If you're running XP, why couldn't you HotSync with a pre-6.2 version?

Also, why weren't you using the Beta?
    Truthfully, out of fear and nothing more. Of late, I have had so many problems with HotSync on this machine that my Treo has become almost end of life because I cannot add programs to it. Oddly, it still HotSyncs Ultrasoft Money but was not syncing with either the Palm Desktop or Outlook. In the initial release pre-6.2 version it said Vista ONLY and not XP and the 700P was not initially listed. I check the Palm site only episodically and noted that the 6.2 supported both XP, Vista and the 700P so I posted my original message here. I depend on Ultrasoft Money too much and was fearful of loosing that functionality also.

Regards,

Jim
    Thanks for the update!!

Does the program support media? If so how is it any different?

Thats where Im having most of my issues. I cant get the desktop to open the media tab without taking 5 minutes or more!

Thanks again.
    Media on the desktop opens up after about 5 seconds of delay and lists the limited media that I have. How many media files do you have? That may be the problem in trying to display large numbers of thumbnails of the media. Overall the media section seems about the same to me except that the there is a ribbon at the lower right that displays thumbnails of the media. I am likely not the right person to comment on media since I have such a small number of files to display. It would be interesting to see what others find who have a larger media collection.

Regards,

Jim
    Yeah about 14,000. Even when I open the root folders in my pictures on my desktop it takes a few seconds. NOT 5+ minutes tho.

Its tempting.

Media on the desktop opens up after about 5 seconds of delay and lists the limited media that I have. How many media files do you have? That may be the problem in trying to display large numbers of thumbnails of the media. Overall the media section seems about the same to me except that the there is a ribbon at the lower right that displays thumbnails of the media. I am likely not the right person to comment on media since I have such a small number of files to display. It would be interesting to see what others find who have a larger media collection.

Regards,

Jim
    There is no spoon.
    Media on the desktop opens up after about 5 seconds of delay and lists the limited media that I have...
    I stopped using Palm to manage all my photos/videos...

I now use Google's free tool called Picasa. You can download it here : picasa.google.com
    Quote Originally Posted by franko353 View Post
    I stopped using Palm to manage all my photos/videos...

I now use Google's free tool called Picasa. You can download it here : picasa.google.com
    How do you keep it in sync with your Treo/Palm device?
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Did this version of Desktop (or the Outlook 2007 conduit update) fix the bug where you lost the Meeting Organizer information if you edited the item on the handheld?
    I just tried this version.

Unfortunately, the answer to my question is "No".
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I can't seem to find the Desktop for Treo with the Media conduit.
    I looked all over the PDN site and downloads section, but no joy.

Does anybody know where to find it?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12